close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mean Vette is ready for dragstrip action

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by Mass10mm, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Mass10mm

Mass10mm Armed Yankee

Jan 7, 2002
    Boston MetroWest 'burbs
    Another of my passions is drag racing. I have a 92 Corvette, bright red, of course, which is my only car - I drive it all year long, up here in New England. I've been modifying the car for several years to improve the quarter mile times. Recently I did the entire exhaust system, adding long-tube headers, high-flow cats, an X-pipe, and high-flow mufflers. Recently I put a short video clip of the sound of the beast, both purring and roaring. The link to the video is here. Racing season starts Sunday, April 1. Hope it don't break!

Here I am in racing action last year.

[​IMG]

2. Looks good! I am thinking about buying a C4, but it will probably be an L98 car due to budget constraints {I'm 18}.

3. Mass10mm

Mass10mm Armed Yankee

Jan 7, 2002
    Boston MetroWest 'burbs
    Right now, high 12's at about 108 mph. Mainly I do bracket racing, where consistency trumps speed. Typically, I can predict my quarter mile time to within about 0.02 seconds. My reflexes at the light tree aren't nearly so consistent. :upeyes:

4. p2555016zr

p2555016zr

Apr 2, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    In 92 I bought a 78 Vette that I drove for two FULL years while living in Boston. Then in 96 I had an 86 that I drove through the first winter I had it as well. Some people think that Vette owners are all rich and since I had mine while in my early twenties people thought I was a rich kid. People didn't realize that I was driving a ten year old car.

BTW that sounds sweet. I got low 14's with that crazy 4+3 standard tranny. Then the tranny blew up and I put in a Richmond 6 speed. It got mid 13's after that. I didn't mod it other than the tranny and a chip though.

Epping is where I assume you race. Sometimes when coming back to Boston from there I don't know how we didn't all get hauled away or killed. It seems we always took some of that racing to the highways afterwards.

5. I gotta give you credit for driving a 12 second car every day all year, that's impressive.

6. Mass10mm

Mass10mm Armed Yankee

Jan 7, 2002
    Boston MetroWest 'burbs
    I don't do it to impress anyone - I do it 'cuz is's FUNNNNNN! :supergrin:

7. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    <---11 second car as daily driver

Exactly. :dancingbanana: