close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

MD wait times for new purchases

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by bigsilverstang, Apr 23, 2013.

1. bigsilverstang

bigsilverstang

Jan 18, 2010
    Well, with all the talk about our new gun control bill which will be signed sometime next month; people have gone crazy buying up what they can, including myself! What wait times are other people experiencing in MD? I purchased my glock 19 on Feb 27 and still haven't got the ok to come by and pick it up. Told it might be a couple more weeks!:crying:

2. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
    I ordered Glock 30 and filed background check in Feburary. I expect to pick it up sometime in August after I get cleared by MSP, NICS, and other.

Join Maryland Shall Issue!

3. I was lucky and purchased mine on January 3...had to wait a whole 3 weeks. Now I hear it's running about 8 weeks.:faint:

4. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    And why do you put up with such infringements?:steamed: Oh thats right you already gave up your right to purchase through private parties! :rofl: Doesn't it feel good to beg for permission from the state to sell your own property!:faint:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  5. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A sequestered!

why i am not living in the peoples rebublik any more

6. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    :rofl: And I'll bet they will tell people they live in a free state/country. How can people stand to be so submissive? :dunno:

We truly are living among a "Nation of Cowards". :faint:

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about Google it. And remember... the Bill of Rights are Unalienable. The only people that don't believe that are those "elitists" that are "protected" 24/7 and cowards that will submit to those same "elitists". :upeyes:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  7. plainsman

plainsman

Jul 25, 2005
    I probably still have the video tape on the "instant background check" where like swiping a credit card, you are checked, and wammo- you get your firearm!

Well not exactly, these pabulum puking plea bargaining liberals, whose word never, ever has been worth a pile of manure, seek every opportunity to deny, delay, or deprive law abiding citizens of firearms. That anyone who ever trusts such scum is a joke......

8. Did paperwork on Feb 22. Faxed to MD State Police 2/25. App completed 5/07 (YES, May 7th). Call from FFL today. 73 days. :steamed:

My app went for additional review (could be anything from one of 17 (YES, seventeen) databases they check is down to "you have a common last name") which requires a sworn officer's review.

Non review apps are on March 8th or so.

I hate Maryland.

9. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Eutopia
    Lucky I have an uncommon name. Bought February 22, cleared by MSP on April 10th, but the dealer screwed up and lost my paperwork. I didn't get my pistol until May 5th. I called the MD State Police Firearms Registration Unit and asked what the hold up was on May 4th. They ran my info and almost immediately stated I had been cleared on April 10th and that they'd send another copy to my ffl in case it was lost. Ffl ended up admitting their screwup and apologizing for the extraordinary wait by throwing in a box of 100rds of 9mm for me.

Remember you can still do FTF transfers at any MSP barracks for $10 and bypass the 7-8week wait periods. They will tell you up front, you're only required by law to wait until the eighth day to complete the transfer (how generous of The State). The burden of proof lies with MSP to approve or disapprove a person within that wait period. If after 60+ days they determine the person can't have the gun you're selling, it's up to MSP to recover it and charge the transferee

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. Lord

Lord Senior Member

Jun 28, 2006
    San Antonio, Texas
    here in TX, without a CHL they NICS you, you pay, they box, you walk to the door, say good-bye, they hand the purchase to you, and you're on your way. With a CHL, you point to the gun, say that's the one I want, they check your CHL, box, pay, walk, bye bye and on your way. With or without a CHL it takes about 1-2 hours depending on how long you shop. My AR purchase took about 59 minutes and that's because I'd left my CHL at home.

11. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Eutopia
    Maryland Shall Issue has filed a lawsuit against Maryland State Police for the increased waiting periods that are in violation of the legal seven day wait

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
    Awesome!!!

U-Boat

13. I also don't have a comman name, likely got caught in the 'one of the databases was down' B.S.

Awesome on the 100 round freebie ammo!

True on the FTF transfers at MSP. This was an item I bought online from JoeBob's Outfitters, who are an excellent source for anything bang.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  14. marflyers

marflyers Recreational Shooter

Apr 27, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I have been waiting since 3/11 for first purchase and have a second purchase on 4/6. Looks like I will at least hit 80 days for my first purchase.

15. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A sequestered!

man im glad we dont have to do that in Va. longest i ever had was about 5 hours because the system was down for a few hours. my condolences

16. marflyers

Apr 27, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    86 days for the first purchase and got the call yesterday for the second purchase 19 Gen4 for wife. She is so excited and the FFL has joined several others in MD and are releasing after 8 days according to MD State Police.

17. blairian

blairian

May 30, 2013
    Central Texas
    That's insane. I can walk in and out of a store with a gun within 10-15 minutes including payout depending on competency of the employee at my LGS. Love Texas!

18. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
    Still waiting! I just ordered Arsenal SAM7R... I hope I don't have to pick it up in 6 months from today...

U-Boat

19. Thank you for rubbing salt in our wounds. :supergrin:

Maryland used to be The Free State. They should change that to The Statist State. :steamed:

20. marflyers

Apr 27, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Just picked up my wife's 19 Gen4. My FFL Eakle Firearms began releasing after 8 days based on a statement from MD State Police last week. She only had to wait 59 days. On day 89 for a second purchase from Bass Pro. We will be at the range tomorrow as we have plenty of ammo since I have had 2 months to build a surplus.