close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

MC Operator supply and ?'s

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by CA_DUDE, Jul 1, 2011.

1. CA_DUDE

CA_DUDE Dude here.

Jan 31, 2005
    South Carolina
    About a year ago I was looking for an MC Operator and couldn't find one anywhere. Now there seems to be quite a few on GB, and probably other sources. Are they made in batches is that why the supply ebbs and flows? I'm hoping to get one in the next few months, and REALLY hoping there are some around then.

As far as construction, what is different about it then say a Loaded? Obviously the rail, but what is different in the construction and materials? If someone could answer or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

2. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    SPRINGFIELD LOADED FULL SIZE MC OPERATOR 1911 PISTOL

The Springfield Armory Loaded Full Size MC Operator 1911 pistol is designed from the ground up to be a serious combat pistol. The black slide and OD green frame have Springfield's Armory Kote finish for maximum durability. The Pachmyr wrap around rubber grips are checkered on both sides and on the front, giving you a slip-free hold no matter what the weather.

The pistol has a universal style accessory rail for mounting lights, lasers or other devices. (Please note that a Picatinny or 1913 rail is not the same as a universal rail, and will not accept devices made for universal rails. See photos).

The sights on the MC Operator are low-profile combat sights, with three tritium dots for fast target pickup in bright daylight or on a dark street. The edges of the sights are smoothed for snag-free draws.

The barrel is match grade stainless, supported at the front with a match grade stainless barrel bushing. The pistol has a G.I. style guide rod.

The trigger on the MC Operator is match grade, too, with a pull weight of 4.5 to 5 pounds, which is just right for combat or target shooting.

An ambidextrous safety makes the gun easier to operate for lefties, or for those who need to shoot with either hand.

When looking for one of these, you are still going to pay a sizeable sum if the pistol is still in good condition. If you find one that is new or like new, you may be looking at $1200-$1400. It is a nice pistol to have.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011

3. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    They are fitted like the TRP and the Range Officer, they will have slightly better groups than a Loaded. The small parts are still MIM and cast.

4. CA_DUDE

CA_DUDE Dude here.

Jan 31, 2005
    South Carolina
    Ok, that's what I was wondering about the small parts. No biggy though.

5. Mayhem like Me

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    I have a long term tester in my office at 1200 rounds I was getting spotty extraction, I re-tensioned it and we are going strong..it was the best value we found in a rail gun...

6. CA_DUDE

CA_DUDE Dude here.

Jan 31, 2005
    South Carolina
    I just want something solid and reliable in that price range. That's about the highest I can go right now. Keepin my eyes open for other good pistols in that range too.

7. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas

:agree:

[​IMG]

Mine has been great.

:cool:

8. CA_DUDE

CA_DUDE Dude here.

Jan 31, 2005
    South Carolina
    Could you guys clarify about the rail? Is it different than what is on a Glock? How does the armory kote hold?

9. Fedor

Fedor

Apr 19, 2011
    Kansas
    With my LE discount, I got my Loaded MC Operator for $1,040.00
    It is a beautiful beast. :thumbsup:

10. limbkiller

limbkiller

Mar 25, 2011
    ky
    Great looking pistol but what horrible looking grips. Are those what come on it?

11. CA_DUDE

CA_DUDE Dude here.

Jan 31, 2005
    South Carolina
    I actually like those grips. I have a set on my Custom II.

12. Mayhem like Me

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    The grips are great for a working gun. The rail is Picatinny spec so buy the correct light or if you have one , the cross piece on the bottom is changed for a picatinny spec..

they are reliable and a great self defense choice , armory coat scratches with use it is a baked on finish but has corrosion resistance and good lubrication.

13. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    As has mine.

[​IMG]

14. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    Did you add a magwell to your Operator?

:cool:

15. A slight discount if that was OTD. If before tax or shipping/transfer, then that's pretty much street price.

16. +1 on this. I really like the ones that I've handled. Was tossing that idea around before I had built my own rail 1911.

17. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    If you are looking for one,I think Fin Feather Fur in Ashland, Ohio has one still for $1049 and a LW Operator for $989. I was just there on Monday.

Vance's in Columbus Ohio might have one, but the price is slightly more.

18. CA_DUDE

CA_DUDE Dude here.

Jan 31, 2005
    South Carolina
    I would be all over this if I had the cash at this point. I'll be looking for one beginning of September, that's why I'm hoping there will still be some out there then. Not so worried about the price (as long as it's not unreasonable), just being able to find one.

19. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    That was added by the original owner. I am the second owner.

20. Fedor

Fedor

Apr 19, 2011
    Kansas
    I really like the grips, I plan on putting them on my SW1911PD.