close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

MC Operator dings up the brass?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by warhog, Jun 8, 2012.

1. warhog

warhog

Jun 29, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a new operator and noticed the brass has dings on the head of the case is this normal? It ejects the brass with authority the ammo was WWB and other loads, all have the same marks I have shot about 50 rounds out of the pistol.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    A coworker of mine has a Smith 1911 that does that but it was the extractor. We took note of the way the round was when fed in the chamber to be able to tell what was causing it. He didn't care since he wasn't reloading it.

3. MajorD

MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    no big deal. as long as the gun functions don't go fixing it! reload the cases until they don't work. you will still get lots of relaods out of a case so marked.

4. warhog

warhog

Jun 29, 2007
    Thanks, I will keep shooting it just figured I would run it by somebody who has a little more experience to see what they say.

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    Accuracy question: At 25 yards, does your Operator shoot just to the right, about 1" high from center? (230 Golden Saber's)

Mine did until I hit the 300 round mark. Now it will hold a nice clover leaf groups if I do my part.

[​IMG]

:cool:

6. warhog

warhog

Jun 29, 2007
    My groups have tightened up just shot it again I would say it shoots better than me since I am the one that causes flyers.

7. majette

majette

May 1, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    wasn't the gun, it just took you 300 rounds to figure your part out. happens to the best of us sometimes.

8. bushhogg

bushhogg

Apr 8, 2012
    Thats one nice Operator... got mine from a Navy Seal that was going to Japan about five years ago...

9. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    I enjoy every round fired.

:supergrin: