close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

MB500 gun light

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by fordstev, Feb 25, 2013.

1. fordstev

fordstev

Feb 20, 2013
    I just purchased a MB500 with the 8+1 tube. $299 @ BullsEye.:cool: Which gun light gives the most bang for the buck?

2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Surefire is the gold standard for shotgun lights. Period.

Their replacement fore-ends define the category. There are more ways to go about it, sometimes for less, but if it's for serious use, that is where I'd start looking.

MagPul's replacement fore-ends, when they start shipping, with a Fury in a LaRue LT707 mount would be my personal "other option" in performance/price. Many cheaper options, but most won't survive shotgun use.

3. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    Agreed with Mr Murphy, although for just a flashlight clamp on attachment, I'd personally forego a $125 mount such as the Larue... For an optic, sure, for a light...hmm, not so sure..

Such a mount will be ten times as strong as both the forend and the light...there are a few good Type 3 hard anodized mounts out there for $30.

4. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Having unintentionally rammed a Surefire 6P in a LT606 mount attached to a RAS on my M4 into a doorframe during an entry with all bits surviving....

I have my reasons for my recommendations. The magtube mounts will work fine for most people, but I've always been afraid something similar (ramming a doorjamb) would turn the gun into a single shot if the magtube got tweaked from it.

5. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    UTG Tri-rail + Surefire G2 LED. Done. Loctite if you are worried.