close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Maybe things are looking up now...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by donmor53, Feb 8, 2013.

1. donmor53

donmor53

Jan 4, 2013
    I just walked into my LGS and saw that they had a fresh supply of some Glock mags (22s and 31s).

I always like the 22s in my 23 when I want extra capacity so I picked up a couple for $22 each. Now I'm all magged up for a while..

The owner said he expecting a shipment of Glocks any day now.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. sweetsdream

sweetsdream

Nov 27, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I was in one of my LGS on Tuesday this week and they were pretty stocked with most everything. I was picking up a S&W 360 .38 while another guy was buying two ARs. Wheel gun section was full, HKs were stocked, 1911s etc. I didn't see too many Glocks but they did have a big selection of magazines. When I looked of to the "tactical" section I saw a fair amount of ARs and AKs hanging on the wall. The guy ringing me up said it's been fairly slow for the last two weeks.

Tom

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. FnKev

FnKev

Jan 14, 2012
    Boerne, TX
    Same around here. One LGS has 4 noveskes on the wall and a few sigs. Now if I can only find a gen 4 g19 at a good price! :)

4. donmor53

donmor53

Jan 4, 2013
    My guy is really specialized to tactical weapons and gear and has managed this whole mess with a steady supply of handguns. Glocks and some models of Springfields have been hard to get and dribble in on occasion. Same with the occasional AR. They just don't last long... Surprisingly he's had a couple of AK pistols that have lasted much longer than I would have thought though but...his clentele is not the usual AK crowd by any means.

5. donmor53

donmor53

Jan 4, 2013
    Good luck on the 19. Unfortunately i have a buddy that has decided that NOW he needs either the 23 or 27 he's been talking about buying for the last two years.

Unless you're lucky enough to be at a shop when they are unpacked after the UPS delivery...good luck finding either one at a reasonable price around here.

6. I see more Glock mags showing up. The 9 mm stuff still sells out quickly. Also, there are still limitations of how many magazines and ammo people may purchase. 22 LR never stays in stock long.

The country is also close to a major economic catastrophe that will negatively impact millions. I expect several impacted will be violent nut cases with a grudge.

7. FnKev

FnKev

Jan 14, 2012
    Boerne, TX
    Thankfully I don't need one. I just want a second one :) ill get lucky one of these days. Haha. I have a friend similar to yours who's just now trying to get things I've been telling him to buy since last years. It's rather amusing.

8. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    One of my local gun shops just put out a new Gen 4 G26 for $619.00 :wow: :faint:

9. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats!

10. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
  11. FLAHOTROD

FLAHOTROD

Sep 18, 2008
    Gainesville, FL
    That's good news about gun availability. How about ammo? Not seeing any in my area, yet.

12. TomAiello

TomAiello

Jan 8, 2012
    Twin Falls, ID
    Ammo is coming back into stock here. Local store has bulk .22, bulk .40 and premium defensive ammo 9, .357, .40 and .45.

Still waiting on bulk .223 and 9 (which were the fastest movers in these parts), but I bet those will come back fairly soon too.

13. Cybercowboy

Cybercowboy Support the 2nd

Dec 15, 2012
    SW Missouri
    Damn that seems a bit high

14. tilefish

tilefish

Feb 3, 2013
    "High Desert"
    Ha! I have been trying to find one at any price. I am in the Charlotte area of North Carolina and Glocks have become scarce. The Gen 4s anyway, I see a few Gen 3s around

Under the circumstances, I would pay that right now if I could find a Gen 4 G19 or G26. None of the gun stores will even let you get on a list or pre-pay. They get a few in and then they disappear. I would feel better if I could at least get on a list somewhere...

There is one place around here that sells them for $599 and another that sells them for $629. I will buy from whichever can put both a G26 and G19 in my hands first.

We are starting to see the ammo come back. For a few weeks both .22 and 9mm were unobtainable. Thankfully I had a some and was able to get by.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  15. tonyparson

tonyparson

Jan 20, 2008
    Dayton, TN.
    If you want this one I'm sure they would ship it to your local gun shop.

16. tilefish

tilefish

Feb 3, 2013
    "High Desert"
    Where/what store? If my LGS can't get me a gen4 G26 and G19 in the next couple of weeks, I gonna have to order from somewhere.

17. Pepiot

Pepiot

Feb 18, 2007
    The Shop
    50 bucks in my lgs for used glock magazines, very disappointed today.

18. roger123

roger123

Feb 23, 2012
    VA Beach, VA
    I'm seeing some things come back around here. One of our LGS has a good supply of bulk ammo, prices are much higher then pre-hysteria. I reload so I'm not sure exactly how much but at least they have it.

Gun counter is really bare on Glocks, and other small semi-autos. They have a good selection of 1911's and some Sigs. I see some mags on the wall but I'm not really in the market as I've been buying those as see them for the last few years.

They've never had a good selection of revolvers and still don't. Long gun shelf is bare, they always had a good supply of black rifles and shotguns, now they have close to nothing.

The issue for me is no powder or primers. I have a good supply but I was always buying a pound a month as well as a brick of primers. No longer able to do that so I'm shooting up my supplies. With what I shoot weekly I probably have a years supply so I have some time to weather the storm.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  19. NITE SITE 53

NITE SITE 53

Feb 21, 2007
    Two weeks before Sandy Hook I purchased my Glock Gen 4 19. The salesman at my LGS was a retired State Trooper. He mentioned that I should stock up on mags. When I got home, first thing I did was order 3 extra mags for the 19. So now I have 6 mags for the Glock 19 & 6 mags each for my H&K P2000, Sig 226, Sig SP2022. Also ordered extra mags for my Sig 522 rifle. Glad I took his advise.