Glock Talk banner

May return to glock after leaving

4K views 27 replies 25 participants last post by  s0nspark 
#1 ·
I may return to Glock. First let me give you a little back ground. I purchase my first simi auto back in the early 90's, it was a Glock model 22 Gen 2 no finger groves . I was not into the shooting sports at that time only shot only a few times a year, and then stop shooting all together. Fast forward to 2009 slowing began get back into shooting and discover I was not a good marksmen. I always was shooting Glocks low and left. I am right-handed. Now before everyone stay it is my trigger control. I did a test with the big three. Glock M&P and XD. The results Glock low and left. M&P almost dead on just a little low and XD dead on a little high. After using the M&P and XD the Glock felt too big in my hands, you see I have small hands and short fingers. So I purchase XD tactical 9 and a M&P 9 in 2011 and shoot in IDPA. Fast Forward again to present. I am now reloading and getting serious about my shooting. My problem is I live in California so no Gen 4 glocks no M&P pro's. I shot a match this past Saturday and I was having issues with my loads so one the guys offer his Glock 35 to me to finish the stage. Now he is rank Expert. I shot his 35 and wow only down 2 in the stage with head shots. The pistol has custom trigger and his load of 40 S&W shot softer then my 9mm. He a Glock armor work on it for him. Dawson adjustable sights on it which I also have on my XD. Dose the trigger make that much of a difference? I will only beable to purchase Gen 3 glock 34 and 35 maybe a 17 also if I shoot that way all the time. Would love to here from others.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The trigger is everything! It needs to be light enough that depressing it doesn't upset your sight alignment. In a perfect world (1911 guns), it will be as crisp as breaking a glass rod. It also needs to be predictable. The very fastest shooters anticipate their sights getting on target as they squeeze the trigger while the gun is still moving. If the trigger isn't predictable, they will either undershoot or overshoot the target.

That said, for a SD gun, a competition trigger is probably a bad idea. It should take a few pounds of pressure to fire a SD gun.

I would consider the G35 for those divisions where it is allowed or a G22 for divisions where it is not. It's pretty easy to make 'major' with a 180 gr .40, if that is a goal.

As I prefer .45 ACP, I guess I would use my G21SF and give up the longer sight radius. Making 'major' with a 230 gr bullet only requires 717 fps - a real powder puff.

Richard

#3 ·
I just returned to Glock and I'm leaving again. Too many problems with them in the past for me. And just when I thought they got their act together I just had another problem.

Glock didn't even want any part of trying to fix it. No thanks. I'll be sticking with my Sig and HK pistols. No problems to speak of with them.

Good luck to you!

:wavey:

#5 ·
I have to guess that guys that are really good can do better with nearly any normal gun than alot of us can do with our most favorite gun. And I would guess that if we took several thousand shooters of various skill levels including novices, that guys would do a bit better shooting 1911s than they do something with a gritty, heavy, lousy trigger.

#8 ·
I say go for it. I like the stock Glock trigger a lot--especially the crisp reset. A custom Vanek trigger gives me a bit of a competitive edge in USPSA and IDPA but really I could be quite happy with a plain Glock.

#10 · (Edited)
21sf vs any other fullsize glock .. I'll take the 21sf i wont need or want any other fullsize pistol in the glock lineup. Unless i get one with an selector switch ;)

Next up to buy is 30sf

Besides your in cali and stuck to 10 rounds.. You could do double duty with the 21sf at least as a HD gun. Do you really only want rounds of 9mm in a 17 for HD? That could carry 18 rounds? Or 10 rounds of .45 in the same sized package but only loosing 3 rounds. Or none lost in the smaller g30's case

#11 ·
I just returned to Glock and I'm leaving again. Too many problems with them in the past for me. And just when I thought they got their act together I just had another problem.

Glock didn't even want any part of trying to fix it. No thanks. I'll be sticking with my Sig and HK pistols. No problems to speak of with them.

Good luck to you!

...and why are you posting...just wondering, no ill-will intended... :)

#12 ·
Her post was relevant to the OP's. I have yet to encounter any problems with gen 4 glocks (or gen 3 for that matter), and have never encountered a glock that shot low and left, or low and right, but have encountered many shooters that did before proper instruction. Carry what you like. Don't carry what you don't like. Whether it's an imaginary problem, a real problem, an imaginary problem you read about someone else having on the internet, or a problem that you're causing that you'd rather be blamed on the gun, don't carry what you don't like. Don't sob endlessly about it, just move on if something isn't working for you. Life is too short.

#16 ·
There are several folks on here with several thousand post and all they do is whine about Glocks or rather newer Glocks sucking. Gets old, if you don't like the company or the direction the company is going move on.
You know, folks will "move on", when they are told by moderators to do so. Not when a group of folks that believe Glock can do no wrong suggest or tell someone to do so.

There are certain folks here that carry Glocks because they are required to do so and have no choice. Whether they are old or new, work or don't work, may have to eventually replace them. If someone is having a problem, whether or not you consider "whining" is irrelevant. Any and all information is appreciated.

#17 · (Edited)
You know, folks will "move on", when they are told by moderators to do so. Not when a group of folks that believe Glock can do no wrong suggest or tell someone to do so.

There are certain folks here that carry Glocks because they are required to do so and have no choice. Whether they are old or new, work or don't work, may have to eventually replace them. If someone is having a problem, whether or not you consider "whining" is irrelevant. Any and all information is appreciated.
Information is still appreciated but there is still a difference in whining, and there is a crap load of whining.
To believe that any company is infallible is not smart. Yes Glock and any company can and will have issues. There r many folks in here giving advice to never buy a newer glock and don't even own a newer glock .

Also I am not telling anybody directly to move on. I don't see how being on a forum to whine about the gun the forum is about does anybody any good. I don't like a certain brand of trucks but was issued one by my company. I am not on that manufacture forums whining

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

#18 ·
I and many here carry Glock because they are completely reliable, even when wet, dirty, or oil-less...IT WILL FIRE...

Loose tolerances ensure that reliability, affects accuracy, but not enough at self-defense distances to be of little concern...

I would NOT mod the trigger on a carry, that alone will make a prosecutor try to make it LOOK as if you did it to make a deadly weapon even deadlier...

I own several pistols, most are target grade for bulls-eye shooting, Glocks are made to carry for defense, they need to do no more than what they are designed to do, they do it very well .

I am out...of bullets and excuses...:cool:

#19 ·
I too left Glock for a while but now back for good. I thought that the grass was greener on the other side of the fence, but every other brand I shot had some nuances that bothered me and I never really shot them any better than Glocks. With Glocks, I can repair and/or replace every part myself and became intimately knowledgeable about the platform. With having to compromise with the other brands, I learned to cope with the subtle inconveniences (to me) of the Glock platform.

#22 ·
First thing you need to learn is paragraphs. Then we can talk guns. I can't read this.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

#24 · (Edited)
I too left Glock to see what was out there. I'm back to never leave again. I'm just going to build from here.
I agree with a few points that have been made. If someone's only intention is to bash Glocks, why hang out here? Why not go to the site of the pistols they love?
There are a few very respected posters here (bac only likes Glock in the 9) who doesn't drink the Glock look-aid but are very helpful. They don't just sign on to bash the pistol. If you hate Glocks but love Rugers, go spend your time at that site and be helpful.
Not talking about anyone in particular, there are several.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#25 ·

Good luck to you!

wow last I heard you were riding high on the G22 Bandwagon? What happened?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.