close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maxpedition Carry... Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by kshutt, Jun 17, 2011.

1. kshutt

kshutt

I bought a couple of Maxpedition bags a few years ago for spring/summer carry. I currently have the Fatboy, and the Jumbo. The Fatboy is better for a gun the size of a G19 or G30, and the Jumbo is best suited for a G21, Sig P220, or 1911 sized gun.

Does anyone else out there choose the "tactical man-bag" method of carry? :supergrin: There's enough room for a lot of other gear, too. I also carry 2 extra mags, tactical flashlight, tactical knife, etc.

2. ProactiveShooters

ProactiveShooters President / CFI

If I'm in shorts and a t-shirt and am running from store to store, I'll throw my Colt Detective Special into my Fatboy. Fits perfectly!

I'm big enough that no one has the stones to say anything to me about my "murse". :)

3. kshutt

kshutt

Yeah, I don't worry about that either! :supergrin: No one has ever said anything. Those bags look too tactical to be "pursey" anyway! :supergrin:

4. Borg

Borg

I have the Jumbo that has been turned into the ultra cool daddy diaper bag, and has a sig 229 next to the sippy cup. Little one is getting older now and I just keep a few things in it as a "in case" bag, but it still is in the trunk.

Its funny how no one looks at you with you have a kid in tow and my "murse" on me.

I gave one to a friend who was expecting his first, he loves it...

5. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

I'm not a big fan of off body carry but I do have a Maxped Jumbo for times when I can't carry on my person.

I recently went on vacation to Florida and I used the Jumbo to carry my G19 the entire trip. It came in very handy at the beach. I also use it when I go to the lake. I would never use the bag to carry the gun if I was just going to the store. I have too many quality holsters from which my gun is much easier to access.

6. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

For the truck or bike? Sure. For wearing, for a man? No way.

7. Oso

Oso

Sounds to me like somebody is not secure in their masculinity. :whistling::tongueout: Don't worry, Bill, I hear they have a pill for that.

Is the Fatboy big enough for a G17. I'm considering getting one and the size is my only issue. If it can hold a G17, I'm ordering one.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  8. off road

off road

Now there is a marketing idea!

9. VELO

VELO

I've been using my 5.11 PUSH pack as my manly diaper bag too. I keep some other tactical :supergrin: stuff in it too but the gun stays on my person. I'm not a big fan of off-body carry.

10. Oso

Oso

I'm not a big fan either, but there are times when it is more convenient or the only way to feasibly carry. There are also times when I want to carry a second or third gun, and this may be when I use off-body carry, also. Remember the first rule of gun fighting: Have a gun.

11. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

They may hold full size guns, but sadly no place to put your man card, probably because they figured it would be confiscated immediately.

12. kshutt

kshutt

I guess you haven't seen the bags. They appear very tactical. I've seriously never had anyone say anything.

13. NWGlocker

NWGlocker

I have seen them, and they look like nice bags, but I couldn't see myself carrying one. Its not because it's feminine, I just don't like the idea of having something hanging off of me all day. I'm one of those people that doesn't like to have a lot of things in my pockets too. I know that sounds like I would be a candidate for one, but just the opposite. I don't like to be weighed down.

Plus it seems like you would get more attention carrying that way then just IWB or OWB. I am also not a fan of off body carry. I like to feel that the guns is still there and not worry about leaving it somewhere or having it stolen. Not always comfortable, but comforting. Just my thoughts.

14. Tommy Hanrahan

Tommy Hanrahan

A purse is a purse no matter what you call it.
    I will never use one.
    Might look good on some fellows though.

15. aeroengr

aeroengr

Murses are unneccesary. They invented pocket carry for a reason.

16. kshutt

kshutt

I'd like to see my G21 in your pocket! :supergrin: There's also an article in this month's HANDGUNS magazine. The title is "Off-Body Carry-Sometimes concealed carry requires you to think beyond the holster."

Some of the comments here are pretty comical, considering the number of guys I see wearing actual backpacks around to carry their stuff. One of our NBA players even wears one to his interviews. The Maxpedition bags don't look anything like a purse. If you haven't actually seen one or opened one up, you should. Some of you just might change your mind.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  17. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

I agree with the comment about pocket carry. Other than when swimming there is no situation when I cannot conceal my jframe, be it OWB, ankle carry, or in a pocket.

18. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Murse/purse= 1 strap=not manly, if used in situation similar to below.

[​IMG]

Although, in a SHTF scenario like actively trying to thwart terrorists, a tactical man bag, or "Jack Pack" is perfectly acceptable. However you must wait until the proverbial S hits the fan to put on the "Jack Pack".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

20. EDCholsters

EDCholsters EDCholster.com

The man purse pics are funny.
    I also find it hard to use them, despite my uber masculinity. I get things like this for gifts alot.

My next alternative is a small backpack. I have many packs, but I have thought about fitting some of the versipack models with straps to make them into backpacks.