Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Maxon Combat Shoot

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by CrookCounty, Dec 31, 2011.

1. CrookCounty

CrookCounty Trolling Noob

Has anyone tried out the Maxon Combat Shooting in Des PLaines IL? Looks like a good place to try out combat style shooting before traveling far to participate in USPSA or IDPA. I found a couple videos online of people shooting during these events but just wondering if anyone on here participates.
  2. ChicagoRSX

Jan 6, 2012
    While I've never done their combat shoot, I have shot at this range before and they are very friendly and knowledgeable. I would say check it out.

3. CrookCounty

I just can't justify paying by the hour....let alone $19 for that hour
  4. 4TS&W

Jul 20, 2002
    here and there...
    I'll go check it out on Monday...
  5. themiller

Jan 10, 2010
    Eh - the range is crappy imo. Went there once and only once - rude workers, and since I wasn't a "regular" they weren't willing to help me look at any guns. I usually buy a gun every other time I got to a "range" so their loss. Don't waste your time IMO.
  6. I0WA

Feb 1, 2012
    I bought my G17 from there and they were quite friendly, and very patient with me. I must have looked at at least 15 different guns with questions on all of them. It was my first time in the store.
  7. KingWalleye

Jan 6, 2011
    I live ten minutes from there and I haven't set foot in there in at least 15 years.

The owner and his wife are nice people. The staff back then were incredibly ignorant and the range was a dump 3 months after they opened.

Maybe when they move into their new facility I will give them another chance.
  8. CrookCounty

Just moved to Des Plaines so I am now less than a 5 min drive to Maxon....went there last week and yes the young kids behind the counter are very arrogant and not really helpful, but whatever...small guy complex I even busted into the range while I was in my booth...he went to the booth next to me and holster draw his pistol and proceeded to rapid fire through 2 mags....nice way to show customers you enforce your no rapid fire rules right!! I chalk it up to a punk kid with a complex....

When are they moving?