close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Maverick 88, new HD weapon

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by FLuXmr2spyder, Mar 15, 2011.

1. FLuXmr2spyder

FLuXmr2spyder Pinoy Glocker

Apr 25, 2007
    SoCal/AZ/NV
    picked it up locally on sale...good deal, read a lot of good things about it

Maverick 88 Security by Mossberg in 18.5" bbl 5+1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gonna order an ATI folding stock and side saddle soon

any tips, suggestions, recommendations etc. are greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

2. 1 old 0311

1 old 0311

Jan 2, 2006
    Planet Earth
    I have one with a ATI I keep in me trunk. Works every time.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

3. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe

Jan 30, 2011
    Oak Run Ca.
    To make mine more of a Riot configuration ,I put on the Heat Shield and a wood stock (Painted Black )replaced the Plastic stock and installed Police Sights & Sling loops & black Silent Sling , so far & any other accessory recomendations would be greatly appreciated...:cool:

4. FLuXmr2spyder

Apr 25, 2007
    SoCal/AZ/NV
    post pics^

debating on sights too, but ill know more once ive fired it, this is after all my 1st shotty :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  5. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe

Jan 30, 2011
    Oak Run Ca.
    Sorry I don't do pics or links (Yet) but wish to know the weak spots on the Maverick 88 Platform (Are some of the plastic parts Trigger guard & various other internals replaceable with better quality 590A1 parts and can the Maverick 88 BE MADE TO HOLD MORE SHELLS (Defferent Barrel & Tube) and have a Bayo lug ?

6. FLuXmr2spyder

Apr 25, 2007
    SoCal/AZ/NV
    thanks

and yes most of the mossy 500 parts do fit, like the barrels and stocks...maybe even the internals, theres quite a few youtube videos ill try to search and post em up later

7. If you wanted a higher capacity and bayo lug then you should of gone with the 590 instead of the 88.

8. mdfd

mdfd

Sep 29, 2006
  9. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    Make sure you break it down and clean it real good - none of this " just shoot it " or " Its a Mossberg "' jimjam flimflam -- not smart , not Safe , and certainly not right.

If you take care of it it will take care of you-'and once you've cleaned it , my personal recommendation is run some 00 Buck through it to seat the parts properly and " break it in before breaking it in"'- then proceed to pump as many Rounds of bulk pack goodness as you can stand.

I'll get what's a good deal , which for me is Federal 7 1/2 or 8 shot 100'rounder boxes from Walmart , aroind 25ish dollars - hey and then just keep kabooming it at the range. Literally the more you shoot it the more broken in , smoother safer slicker etc it will become.

Congrats and have fun and don't forget to keep it clean and lubed. Lube especially when new , I believe aippi has detailed instructions on the importance of that on his Website , I learned from reading it

10. FLuXmr2spyder

Apr 25, 2007
    SoCal/AZ/NV
    yea i bought the 100 rd pack from wally world, gonna start breaking in tomorrow after a good cleaning and lubing

can u please provide a link on the aippi mentioned

thank you

11. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    http://www.aiptactical.com/Breaking_In_the_870.html

The link and his entire site / company seems to revolve around Remingtons and especially the 870 but the advice etc makes sense and I learned a lot from reading it and applied quite a bit to my 930'Spx

12. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I bought that same shotgun this past winter. Mine came with a pistol grip included in the box which I currently have on the gun. I actually cut about 2 inches off the synthetic stock to make it fit more like the 12" LOP Hogue stock and I just shaved the stock rubber pad to fit the new dimensions. Runs great. If I come across some extra whatever money I think I am gonna pick up the Hogue Tamer pistol grip and maybe a heat shield just for kicks but that's about it.

13. FLuXmr2spyder

Apr 25, 2007
    SoCal/AZ/NV
    i think im gonna do the ATI folding stock, side saddle and maybe a fiber optic sight...anyway to increase the capacity on this thing?

14. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe

Jan 30, 2011
    Oak Run Ca.
    If I wanted a Glock ,I would not have bought a WW2 "Bringback War Trophy" 1911A1...:rofl:

15. FLuXmr2spyder

Apr 25, 2007
    SoCal/AZ/NV
    hey guys, is this normal? i cant get the screw to thread in anymore than this and it leaves about a 1mm gap
    [​IMG]

16. tnstaafl

tnstaafl

Jun 12, 2007
  17. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    I've got two suggestions:

#1 Get a light for it. Lot's of ways to do that, and not terribly expensive (can be, but does not have to be)

#2 Just add a stretch cuff for a few extra shells.

Call it done. It is just fine how it is.