close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Match grade slide lock (revisited)

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by TexasPOff, Apr 3, 2008.

1. JohnKSa

JohnKSa

Sep 8, 2000
    DFW Area, TX
    Does that mean we'll see you back at the shows in DFW?

2. T. R. Graham

T. R. Graham The Glocksmith

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Yup...in about 4 months or so.

3. JohnKSa

JohnKSa

Sep 8, 2000
    DFW Area, TX
    I hope the circumstances leading to your move are pleasant so you won't be offended when I say that I'm happy to hear you're headed back this way.

I'll swing by a show in a few months and bother you for awhile--maybe even buy something. :supergrin:

4. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Why, thank you. It's nice of you to say that. I am looking forward to getting out of the swamp and "getting back home". :supergrin:

5. kamikaze1a

kamikaze1a

May 7, 2008
    Wondering if you made the lock longer and with one less nib to make detection easier in terms conforming to Production rules?

6. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Short answer - no I haven't. I did not design the MGSL around "games".

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  8. ChCx91

ChCx91

Jul 27, 2009
    I have a question about the ".40S&W's accuracy changing more than the 9mm's accuracy with the aid of this part's" idea...So basically, the .40 has a more noticeable change in accuracy than the 9mm, correct? However, does your MGSL slide lock still, indeed, improve the accuracy on 9mm Glocks none-the-less? I must have mis-read your posts, because it seems to me as if you are implying that your part makes the 9mm Glocks even LESS accurate than the stock OEM slide locks...I was going to order one for my Glock 26, but now that I read that post I am skeptical...Can you clear this up for me? Does it or does it not help the 9mm Glocks?

9. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Yes it does. The MGSL enhances accuracy in all calibers.

10. Gabby

Gabby

May 16, 2009
    Acworth, GA
    If one were to mod the MGSL to fit the G36 frame, would it not need to be shortened (via file or dremel), and still retain the "teeth" on either end of the part? Getting that right, on such a teeninesey part, would seem to be a challenge for most of us duffers.

Thanks.

11. gnepig

gnepig Remember

Oct 13, 2009
    Fl
    Hi, I think I understand how these work. I would like to try one, how much, how do I make contact and how do you like payment?

Thanx
    Gene

12. Ticman

Ticman

Jul 25, 2008
    Contact Mr Graham at the above..

13. gnepig

gnepig Remember

Oct 13, 2009
    Fl
    Recieved the MGSL in the mail today= very nice looking part, much better looking than the original and the related parts all feel more solid now.
    I will get to try it out sunday.

Thanx Mr Graham

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  14. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Gentlemen,

Just a heads up - because of a number of problems with shipping, I will no longer send MGSL to Alaska or especially Hawaii without a signature conformation. Shipping charges to either of these states will now be $10.00.

Shipping anywhere in the continental US remains $6.00.

And folks, I do not accept orders from any country except the United States.

15. BigMoneyGrip

BigMoneyGrip

Feb 9, 2009
    Oxford, MS
    A factory can be up to 67 on the C scale? That sounds awful hard to me. I would think low to mid 40's.
    Scott.

16. JohnKSa

JohnKSa

Sep 8, 2000
    DFW Area, TX
    The tenifer is (among other things) a surface hardening process similar to case hardening in terms of hardening effect. The underlying metal of the barrel is probably in the range you mentioned but the surface of the barrel is very hard due to the tenifer treatment.

17. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Correct, sir.

18. Mr. Graham, I'm still waiting patiently for a MGSL for a G36.
    Please, please, please...... Make me one.

19. I'll forgive your ignorance. You've probably never seen one to compare it to a stock piece. Hell, for that matter you probably don't even know what we are talking about.