close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Match grade slide lock (revisited)

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by TexasPOff, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Thanks SJ 40, I'll have to look at my barrel and see if it has the markings.
    I would guess not since it is still good in the lug area.

2. bxchef29

bxchef29

Sep 26, 2011
    Naples, Florida
    Thank you Mr. Graham it arrived today and installation was a breeze, I actually youtubed Glock slide lock install and took it from there. Have not tested it out yet but I'm sure I won't be disappointed and like that its easier to take down because it sticks out a tad more than the stock one. Thanks Again Mr. Graham. and much success in the future

Last edited: May 20, 2013

3. kenndapp

kenndapp

May 20, 2012
    any reports from guys with the new part? any gen 4 users having good results?

4. polebarn

polebarn

Apr 26, 2013
    Ditto for me;I have a G26 gen4 I want to do.

5. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

I will be ordering one tomorrow (some kind of online ordering would really help here). I am excited to try one out.

6. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana

I have the old style in all my Glocks and one Gen 4 G17 has fired 46,600 rounds with Zero Issues of any kind.

7. g9er

g9er

May 20, 2006
    ma
  8. CaptainXL

CaptainXL

Nov 20, 2009
    Illinois
    Sent both a PM and email to Mr. Graham.

I contacted him last year to get one but he had suspended selling them due to changes in Glock barrels. I'm glad to see he has revised them so that they don't cause problem with newer Glock barrels and has begun selling them again.

9. thetoastmaster

I got mine in the mail and installed last week. I really like the tabs in lieu of serrations on the lock. I look forward to testing it out.

10. CaptainXL

CaptainXL

Nov 20, 2009
    Illinois
    Got an email back from Mr. Graham with instructions on how to order and sent him my order for two on Monday 6/10. Anxiously awaiting them to see how much they will help my groups sizes.

11. .38 super

.38 super Observer

Aug 23, 2010
    Florida
    Would you please post some close-ups of the tabs on the current-one ?
    I love the one on the old slide stop, I hope they are not changed...

12. freshilla

freshilla

May 29, 2013
    W-B, PA
    [​IMG]

The photo, taken with cell, isn't great quality, but you can see the difference between the photos on the first page :dunno:

Fast delivery! I sent a money order out on Saturday and got the part today (Friday). And I like this new style versus the stock design. It looks great and is easier to grip.

Can't wait to try it out, thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  13. thetoastmaster

Sorry I am late; but here are some pics of the part installed (since freshilla got pics before installation):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    I preferred the fine serration's of the original,but that's just me. SJ 40

15. thetoastmaster

Some folks would ----- if ya hanged 'em with a new rope...

16. .38 super

.38 super Observer

Aug 23, 2010
    Florida
    freshila and thetoastmaster, thank you for the pictures!
    I will second SJ40 and will say that I like the one with the serrations better - the grip on it is awesome, no matter if you have dirty or wet gun, hands... It is important to me this part to stick slightly more out than the OEM G-part, but this is me...
    Anyway, I'm glad Mr Graham is manufacturing those again!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  17. recon

recon Millennium Member

Nov 6, 1999
    PA.
    So I have 3 of the older production ones before he stopped making them. So the new ones are better?

18. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Only if your intended Glock has a dotted pentagon barrel,otherwise there is no need for a new production MGSL. Seems as the dotted pentagon barrel marking was a indication of a a hardness change.
    Which lead to reports of chipping barrel lugs with the old MGSL,so the change. SJ 40