Match grade slide lock (revisited)

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by TexasPOff, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Fire about 5 rounds at a decent pace at 20' and make one hole. I've only seen maybe 1 in 50 at best that can do that no matter what gun they have. I'm not a machine but 25 yards is not a problem. Not one hole any more though so less fun for me.

Some kind of controlled test vs. you all just "think" it did something would be more useful information.

Nope. It means the guns are much more accurate than most here realize otherwise they'd waste less money on gimmicks and spend it on training to get them past their shooting issues.

If you THINK it helped you I am glad for you.

I don't agree with the theory of it. I feel the theory is flawed. I don't agree that it has been proven in practice. If I had some miracle device that would magically improve the accuracy I would have tests that proved it. I can still remember when aftermarket guide rods first came out for the Glock and people were convince they made dramatic differences in accuracy. :rofl:

I think you are CONVINCED it is helping you. :upeyes:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I have a hard time believing you would not consider that an issue. If the man making this wants advice on how to fix it and make it work for the newer guns then he can PM for some free advice.

3. I wouldn't normally post this here but since these are no longer being sold and several of you are looking for one, I have a very lightly used one I will sell for the original price including shipping. First to PM me for paypal gift instructions gets it and i'll ship tomorrow morning.

I bought it direct from TR in June 2011 and shot maybe 100 rounds using it. Never caused any issues, I just removed it before selling the gun it was in and never reinstalled it.

4. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

I purchased two and installed one in my G35, I never got around to installing the other one. Someone could buy one or both. PM if interested, same deal as JBarbaresi.

5. Been there. Done that. Same G17, I just took it down and slid in the MGSL. Got several target sheets somewhere in my garage, too much trouble to find it now. Convinced long ago.

Good idea on the test. Same shooter, Same gun, Same day, Same ammo 10 rounds each. I would recommend that everyone do this, to prove it to themselves.

#425 ModGlock17, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  6. BroncoAZ, PM sent re MGSL's

7. hey can i buy one/some of these from anybody please?

8. Withdrawn; Keeping it for one of my older Glocks.

#428 ChCx91, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  9. T. R. Graham

T. R. Graham The Glocksmith

Gents, after over a year the MGSL is back in production....!

The new MGSL will work with any model (EXCEPT G36) or generation Glock. They are CNC manufactured by AroTek, and feature a different material steel and heat treatment with a precisely beveled barrel lug engagement surface. (Also newly designed finger tabs, so no more bite with a thumb forward hold.)

Interested parties can contact me for more information at Grhm458@cs.com, or just PM me here.

#430 T. R. Graham, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  10. T R Great News,I'm glad to see your fine MGSL back in production. SJ 40

11. PM sent Mr. Graham.

12. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

13. Great news. I just picked up my first Gen4 so this is exactly what I need.

14. Any users with an quick update/photos of Mr. Graham's new Match Grade Slide Lock?

15. shameless BUMP…

16. Would love to see pics of new MGSL, and a range report. Considering buying one or two.

17. Without reading the many posts here I would like to say that I have well over 15,000 rounds through my G21 that has one of Mr. Grahams MGSL's in it.
    I stopped keeping track at the 15,000 round count.
    I have no indication of a problem with the piece or the gun.
    Still working perfectly.
    What's the deal with the change?

18. Seems when Glock changed their hardening methods,starting with the doted pentagon markings on the barrel some lockup engagement lug chipping with the use of MGSL was noticed.

Not a issue to me or any of my Glocks with the MGSL installed as my newest Glock was produced !!/05 prior to Glocks changes. SJ 40