close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Match grade slide lock (revisited)

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by TexasPOff, Apr 3, 2008.

1. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

May 1, 2004
    Iowa
    Same here. Mr. Graham was one of the nicest folks I've ever done business with over the phone. Can't wait to try this part.

2. G30cop

G30cop

Jun 19, 2008
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    Just put one in a few weeks ago. After a few hundred rounds (break in period) there is noticeable improvement. I highly recommend this part.

3. ljnowell

ljnowell beyond help

May 17, 2008
    can you use this if you have an internal lasermax?

4. T. R. Graham

T. R. Graham The Glocksmith

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    No sir, my MGSL wouldn't work with the LaserMax. The LaserMax system uses specially made slide lock that functions as an activating switch.

5. scottschoe

scottschoe Rebuilding

Jun 9, 2008
    Atherton, CA
    Received mine today..install was a snap. Hope to break it in this week/end.

6. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

May 1, 2004
    Iowa
    Broke mine in today in my G23. Noticeable improvement!

7. After 250 rounds, G34 is locking up with precision.

8. KahrMan

KahrMan

Jun 27, 2006
    SE Texas
    I'm curious, will this MGSL make ammo that has a longer OAL have a harder time feeding into the barrel? Or Is this a non-issue? :dunno:

Thanks

9. V12

V12

May 15, 2008
  10. MGSL has nothing to do with feeding ammo. Once bullet hits feedramp and slide moves everything forward and up, THEN it comes into play.

11. graycrait

graycrait

Aug 29, 2006
    Clarksville, TN
    Right now this all subjective because I just wanted to get a 100 rds through the MGSL Glocks I have while I was working on my .38 Super conversion to 9mm. I ordered two the other day and received them both. I put one in my G19 and it seemed that groups were better right away. In my CCF G17 the MGSL didn't seem to add anything to its already great accuracy. I gave the second MGSL to one of my friends to put in his G19 and see if he sees the same difference that I did in my G19.

In any case I advocate getting one of these for every polymer framed Glock I own. I wonder if it could improve the 26 or maybe the barrel is two short to realize any improvement.

12. caneau

caneau

Mar 29, 2007
    T. R., I think you might be a genius : )

I emailed you yesterday about getting one of these for my CCF as a way of solving my accuracy issues with the gun. Well today at the range, I took the gun apart and looked at my slide stop, compared to my G36 (which shoots very accurately).

What a difference. The G36's wear is nice and even. The CCF/G17 has a divot, yes, a divot, in the left side of the slide stop from how unevenly the barrel has been contacting it. I was always wondering if the slide stop in my CCF being loose was a problem. The answer to my question is: yes. It is.

So, I will be giving you a call on Monday and ordering me one of these bad boys. It's almost certainly why my gun hasn't been grouping as well as I had wanted. I couldn't figure out why until now. Hopefully this will fix it as it should make for a much better lockup than before.

13. caneau

caneau

Mar 29, 2007
    I don't see why not. The slide stop in G26s is no different than in any other small framed Glock.

14. SlickGlock

SlickGlock

Oct 6, 2003
    Central Ohio
    Or in all other Glocks (except G36), for that matter.

15. caneau

caneau

Mar 29, 2007
    Yup, sorry, should have made that clear. Was thinking small framed because the thread was talking about G23s, but yeah, any Glock except the G36.

16. T. R. Graham

T. R. Graham The Glocksmith

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Gents,

Thank you all for your kind words. If I can answer any questions for you please call me at 832-695-7192.

17. ArkinDomino

ArkinDomino Registered Dude

Sep 5, 2007
    Los Angeles
    My groups are getting better! I also tried a "Blind" experiment at the range with my R.O. he is already a good shoot but this part made him great with my G19. I'm going to order two more (one for my G30 and one for his G19)! T R rocks! :rock:

18. graycrait

graycrait

Aug 29, 2006
    Clarksville, TN
    I got two of these from TR Graham the other day. Both now reside in G19s and had noticeable effect from the very beginning. However, I had placed one in my stainless steel CCF fram that has a stock G17 upper on it. I saw no difference with the MGSL than what I already classify as superb Glock accuracy that I get with the CCF frame. I attribute the no difference to the already tighter barrel lockup provided by the "oversized" CCF locking block. Would I buy another MGSL? Are you kidding? I have 2 more polymer Glocks and plan on getting another. I need all the real help I can get.

Craig in Clarksville, TN

19. killersrt

killersrt Boondock Saint

Aug 5, 2008
    Brandon, fl
    Just placed an order this weekened, so hoping to get it soon. This thread is building up the excitement. Cant wait to get back to the range with it installed.