close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Match grade slide lock (revisited)

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by TexasPOff, Apr 3, 2008.

1. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

Mar 21, 2007
    Feels like Mexico
    I installed the MGSL in my G35 and got some range time today, although I was limited to about 25 minutes. I shot 100 rounds of .40, so really the initial break in rounds. My groups were ok, 2-3" at first, then they began to shift right. I found the rear adjustible Glock sight on this G35 is loose (I purchased the gun used a couple of weeks ago), causing my groups to be inconsistent. This makes accuracy testing moot at this point. I experienced no change in operation with the addition of the MGSL, the Glock ran like a sewing machine.

More testing after I get the sight replaced.

2. T. R. Graham

T. R. Graham The Glocksmith

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    No sir, sorry. If you wish to get one anyway, email me at Grhm458@cs.com or just PM me here and I will send you ordering instructions.

3. jpeto

jpeto

Nov 20, 2009
    Stuart, FL
    Mr. T R Graham, will it work with the Glock 36??

4. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    No sir. I designed it to be slightly extended, so it is way too long for the narrow framed G36. It fits all other models however.

5. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    To answer a common question, my MGSL WILL work with Gen 4 pistols.

6. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    Well just got back from the range and have to say my MGSL is broken in. Was able to put 6 rds in a single jagged hole at 7 yds and keep 6 rounds inside of X ring at 25 yds (Shooting a G21SF). This is a great addition to any Glock and I highly recommend at least trying one if you are on the fence. Mr. Graham is a great guy to deal with and i received mine within 3 days of ordering. Thanks again for a great product!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  7. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Sep 11, 2009
    Just curious, why would the 40 cal. pistols see the most accuracy improvement when installing this?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  8. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Because .40 is typically the least accurate of all the cartridges Glock chambers their pistols for.

9. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Folks,

My sincere thanks to all of you who have ordered a MGSL.

A quick note about shipping - Normally, orders are shipped out the next day. However, if I receive an order on a Friday, the order will be sent out the following Monday. I always use priority US mail with delivery conformation. I have no problem with emailling a person telling them a order has shipped or giving out a tracking number if it is requested, but once it is shipped I cannot make it get to you any faster. Typically, an order takes 3 to 4 days to be received once it is mailed out.

10. BufordTJustice84

BufordTJustice84

Jun 6, 2011
    TR,

I got my MGSL for my gen4 G26 and I LOVE IT!

Using Speer Lawman 124gr +P 9mm (agency issue training ammo), my groups at 15 and 25 yards have been cut almost in half.

I'm sure these results are not typical, and I considered my G26 typically accurate before installing it. But now, it's a tack driver. I was on-target as easily using my G26 at 25 yards as I was using my issued G21!

I'm thoroughly impressed! Thank you Mr. Graham!

11. Speaking of accuracy, have you gotten any feedback on use of your MGSL in a G37? (In my experience, the .45 GAP G37 and .45 ACP G21SF are quite accurate out of the box, but improvement is always desirable, where use of an aftermarket part is legal.)

12. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Very little, Mr. Newport. I don't own a Glock chambered in .45 GAP myself, and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of orders I have received by .45 GAP shooters. However, a large number of folks who shoot .45 ACP caliber Glocks have given me very good feedback.

Regards,

13. Dogman 10x

Dogman 10x

Oct 10, 2004
  14. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Well, I could say that I start with a forged block of rare unattainium, and use magical light to cut the blank, which is then carefully machined and surface ground under a full moon with many mumbled incantations, and heat treated with molten sulfur obtained from the ninth circle of hell….

…but that wouldn’t be true. :supergrin:

The MGSL works by consistently positioning the barrel from shot to shot.

15. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    hahaha. works great in my G21SF

16. Dogman 10x

Dogman 10x

Oct 10, 2004
    Is this easy to install? I'm not a glock armorer... Also do you have a web site?

17. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    takes less than a minute