close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Match grade slide lock (revisited)

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by TexasPOff, Apr 3, 2008.

1. recon

recon Millennium Member

Nov 6, 1999
    PA.
    As soon as it warms up here I'll take this puppy out for a spin!

2. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
    Mr Graham a MO for $37.00 will get a MGSL for a G-17 shipped correct?

3. T. R. Graham

T. R. Graham The Glocksmith

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Yes sir. But if you can wait, I'll be at the gun show in Pasadena on the 5th & 6th of March.

4. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
  5. js0777

js0777

Nov 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I just received mine in the mail a few day ago. It looks to be made out of a much higher quality steel. The ridges on the ends are cut very precise and are much easier to grip. Over all the slide lock looks and feels like a huge improvement over the stock one. Thanks T. R. Graham!

6. recon

recon Millennium Member

Nov 6, 1999
    PA.
    Can't wait to try mine out! Got 3 of them for my 3 glocks!

7. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Thank you, sir. Now, you need to take your pistol out and shoot it for accuracy.

8. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    By any chance do you know if the MGSL is IDPA legal.

9. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Honestly, I don't know.

Can anyone help with TSA's question?

10. PSG

PSG

Aug 28, 2008
    I placed an order for one last week (I.E. sent a check) I have a match on the 3rd Saturday of next month. I will have the S.O./ judge look it over.:dunno:

11. TexasLongslide

TexasLongslide

Mar 9, 2008
    Yes, it's just an internal modification.

12. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010

13. one73maro

one73maro

Feb 23, 2010
    DFW, Texas
    Ok guys I need some help here. I have one of Mr.Grahams MGSL's but I cannot figure out how to get the stock SL out to put in the new one. If someone could pass along a little direction I would appreciate it. My little friend would also (G27):supergrin:

14. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
    Take a punch or Glock armorers tool (what ever you use to detail strip your pistol)
    and push down on the top of the V shaped spring holding the slide lock up, while pushing the spring flat just push the slide lock out the channel it runs in, it does NOT take any force just a bit of coordination, to install it slide it back in the channel and depress the spring when you get to it, and make sure it is captured in the notch.

15. gchild00

gchild00

Dec 24, 2008
    youtube is your friend

16. Glock Coma

Glock Coma Aluminum Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Texas

Great! I was reading these posts that you had moved to DFW area and was thinking you would not be in pasadena in march. Glad you will be there.

17. I used a golf tee to press the spring down. Thumb and forefinger holding the sides of the gun and the palm pressing down on the tee. Take the new MGSL and push out the old old from one side, leaving the new one centered. Remove tee. Very easy.

I tested mine today but haven't looked at the targets as yet. I started the day with 3 targets for later comparison at the start of break-in. I then put about 180 rounds through my 34 shooting at steel and shot 3 targets from a rest to see how much they differed from the first 3. I want to run the targets through OnTarget when I get time. Rough guesstimate...I see some improvement. I'll test it again at 250 and 300. I know there is a break-in period of upwards of 200 rounds. I'll reserve judgement until I get to 400-500 rounds and I have more data.

18. T. R. Graham

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    Yup, you don't need any special tools to install a MGSL....a pin punch, golf tee, paper clip - hell, even a long fingernail will work. :supergrin:

Hicksville Kid - Let us know your results when you get more rounds fired.