close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Match ammo from Atlanta Arms Ammo

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by misunderestimated, Aug 10, 2012.

1. misunderestimated

misunderestimated
    Expand Collapse

Atlanta Arms had a free shipping sale last week

Well I took advantage of there free shipping special from last week, I received my ammo already. I originally set out to purchase the new ammo as I did not know they also sold reloaded ammo.The fellow I spoke to on the phone had asked weather I wanted the new or the reloaded. I mentioned to the guy at Atlanta Ammo my reservations of purchasing re-loaded ammo as most of the malfunctions I see with a stock Glock are caused by re-loads. He said if you have any problems he would refund my money, the guy was so confident in his product I ordered the reloads instead. Last night I was able to get to the range and practice. These loads have barely any recoil compared to the factory stuff I been shooting. I ran about 150 rounds thru my G17 and my G34 with zero problems. I shot a magazine slow and deliberate and had an expected tight group. I shot a magazine as fast as I could and had the same tight group only slightly lower and I attribute that to me slapping the trigger not an ammo problem. The lack of recoil kept me in the same tight group on the target. I really feel these are going to give me an unfair advantage in a match as compared to people shooting Factory ammo . Topton will be my next event next week end and I will see how it affects my scores. I all ready need another case as I will be sharing the ammo with my brother inn law so he can get a feel for it. Also my 90lb 17 year old daughter has been shooting with me since she was 14, I cant get her past a 22 cal . Every time she shoots a 9mm the recoil bothers her. I think I will be able to get her shooting a 9mm now. I will update this post after Topton. But no matter what I love the loads. I shoot an Indoor Combat league during the winter and these will absolutely improve my score immediately. I just wish I would have tried these last year so I could have used them all this season at the matches.I have been holding out for a free shipping special

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751
    Expand Collapse
    5 or 6 rounds?

Danny Wisner of Atlanta Arms & Ammo is a class act for the shooting sports.

His product is reliable and he stands behind it.

His company sponsors many matches and is well known in USPSA, IDPA and GSSF.

:perfect10:

3. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

Shhh... it's hard enough winning a match - quit telling everyone, Larry

My reloads are essentially identical to AA's match stuff and I estimate that they are good for reducing my times by 10-15% - just ammo alone.

4. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

If I could just shoot a Glock revolver in a match, I could even make mine a little softer shooting, but we got to get that big ol' slide moving. :)

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper
    Expand Collapse
    Almost Done

So if I order a few cases, can you pick it up and bring it to the Mobile match:whistling:

6. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

Good ribbing... but you're not gonna spend the money and ditch your steel Monarch after all your successes. :whistling:

Why don't you ask Phil to get you some free samples.

7. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751
    Expand Collapse
    5 or 6 rounds?

He couldn't afford my delivery fees for the free samples..:whistling:

If Bama makes it Conyers, he can get some there.

8. PM720

PM720
    Expand Collapse

+ a bunch more from me! I have been using and bragging about AAA's .40 minor loading (the reloads) and I absolutely love it. I am sure this is part of the reason why I shot under 100 at Davis and my 490+ indoor scores. :thumbsup:

Scott

9. todd river

todd river
    Expand Collapse

I checked the website & I saw you have to call them
    to order since there is nowhere close to Mobile. I know
    the free shipping is over, but can anyone tell me what
    the prices are for 9mm reload & new. Thanks

10. mikesull415

mikesull415
    Expand Collapse

Their reloads are what one of the local ranges sell for range ammo. I absolutely love the stuff

11. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

Call or E-mail for the latest prices.

12. Apprentice

Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

Do they sell different grades? It's been years since I've used their stuff at ATL area indoor ranges. Surely they don't sell match grade stuff at such a price a public range can sell it for $15/box of 50.

Is match grade marked "match"?

13. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

Disclaimer: I have never used their ammo, BUT their site has the new 'match' ammo as JHP and the reloads (remanufactured) as FMJ - both developing the same PF by claiming 880 fps. Their new match ammo uses Starline brass.

In my extremely accurate ~882 fps (G17) reloads, I use Starline brass and Montana Gold 147 CMJs.

I only use JHP (124s) in my racegun because in my dreams, JHP are more accurate.

14. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper
    Expand Collapse
    Almost Done

I am running low on steel case. If academy doesn't run a sale soon, I don't know what I will do.:tongueout:

Seriously, I have an unlimited gun I don't take advanatge of because I don't reload. If they reload a load that is soft and will run it, why not use it, price allowing of course. Besides, I will have a lot of 9mm brass after the Mobile match and I won't even have to pick it up. Prisoners will be cleaning the range.

15. Apprentice

Apprentice
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I need to track some of the match grade down to test guns' potential.

16. bryandover

bryandover
    Expand Collapse

I am loading up my junk brass to leave you. :supergrin:

17. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751
    Expand Collapse
    5 or 6 rounds?

I hope that he loves my beer can ammo I am bringing!!! :tongueout:

18. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper
    Expand Collapse
    Almost Done

That'sok, I've left enough steel case to build a 57 Chevy laying in GA:rofl:

19. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751
    Expand Collapse
    5 or 6 rounds?

We actually made a Caterpillar D-9 dozer with all of that steel case ammo casings after you left. We got most of it from the plate racks... Those were pretty tough for you to hit....:tongueout::supergrin:

20. Fisherman

Fisherman
    Expand Collapse

For those who have used both, does the match grade really make a difference for the average shooter? :fishing: