Master Class?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Steve Koski, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance?
    Millennium Member

I'm a master class shooter in IDPA, and I signed up for two master divisions this Saturday in SLC. Yesterday somebody told me that MA in IDPA didn't make you a MA as far as GSSF is concerned. Is this true? Can I change to amateur divisions at the match?

Thanks,

Koski

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. From the rules .... see the bold section.

3. I wondered about that. Not sure what GSSF's intent is, but odd they would equate USPSA and IDPA Master classes. There's a pretty big difference in skill level between the two.

4. Steve Koski

Millennium Member

Thank you!

Any chance they'll let me change Div's at the match? Or are you locked in once you email your form in?

Thanks,

Koski

5. legacy38

Millennium Member

Either email them at gssf@glock.us or give them a call to see if they will change it for you. They usually try to work things out in the shooter's favor.

6. Steve Koski

Millennium Member

Oops.

#6 Steve Koski, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  7. I'm sure GSSF will change it when you check in.

8. You might what to shoot Master Stock for a warm up.

9. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Hi Steve, long time since I've seen you here/ You should be shooting AmCiv and Competition. Comp. allows Masters and Amatures to compete, the results are listed together but each compete for a different prize set. If you have a pistol legal for Sub Compact or a .45 you should look at other divisions to enter as well.

10. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

???

Pretty clear they DON'T "equate" them. They deliberately exclude IDPA Masters, because as you said, there is quite a bit of difference between the two.

11. They equated Master in GSSF, IDPA and USPSA previously, in the form of using Master-class in other shooting sports as a qualifier for Master in GSSF. That is what "shall no longer count towards" in the rules quote in Post #2 refers to.

I said I wondered about that - past tense. I saw it some time ago in the GSSF rules, and thought it was odd.