Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Massive Taser Judgment!!!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Hunca Munca, Aug 24, 2011.

1. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    $269 judgment? Doubt it.

2. Hunca Munca

Hunca Munca nonplussed

Dec 20, 2006
    allegheny county
    Your sarcasm shield is formidable!!

3. SKSman57

Nov 13, 2008
    Here's the problem... in a civil rights case, the winning party can get attorney fees. So even nominal damages can translate into hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees for the prevailing dirtbag's ambulance chasers. Sure the dirtbag doesn't get much, but his attorneys make bank.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  4. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Jan 29, 2001
    In Existential Crisis
    "If I pay you $540 can I tase you again?"

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  5. Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I was in patrol long before tasers and my current job is non commissioned. Would you'll just go back to the days of clubbing people and shooting them so the PC public will relax.

I think you'll see a shift against Tasers soon. The company can only weather so many legal battles. Good thing the ambulance chasing lawyers are out to keep you'll in line.
  6. CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    Tasers are not going anywhere. The public wants us to use them rather than shooting people. In a few circumstances we will be able to use them, otherwise no. It might end up being like the carotid restraints. Theoretically imtermediate force but rarely ever used.

People get the kind of policing they want, sometimes they get the policing they deserve.
  7. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    The real thugs, and trial attorneys without any question want us to continue, the cash cow would be gone. Otherwise they would not train to do things such as reaching into their waistbands, or get their cell phone and ignore commands to stop.

When I was in academy in 94, a suit for accidentally shooting someone was up to 100k depending on how badly injured they were. Accidentally killing someone would have been about a million.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011