close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

mas

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by palladen1331, Mar 21, 2012.

1. what is stopping power of 9 mm campared to 38 spl. in short barrel revelvors ?

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    On paper, the best 9mm loads even out of short barrels are distinctly hotter than the best currently available .38 Special. In reality, there's somewhat less difference. Placed judiciously in the right spot, either will get you through the night. The decision of 9mm v. .38 in a short barrel handgun tends to be made more on issues of round-count, habituation, shootability, perhaps interchangeability of ammo between primary and backup, and concealability relative to the user's customary wardrobe.

best,
    Mas

3. thanks, mas, i have a s&w 940 in 9mm calber, with full moon clips works for me! rember me? the old EXTERMINATOR from miami im still alive and shooting

4. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Glad you're still up and running. Those 940s are cool little guns, aren't they?

best,
    Mas

5. mas when i go to the range and shoot my 45 win. mag. the distance just parts between me and the next shooter ever one says ,"what is that"