close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mas, new shotgun

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Glockbuster, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Glockbuster

Glockbuster

Jun 30, 2005
    Middle America
    Hello Mas,

What do you think of my new Winchester 1300 defender speed pump ? 18" barrel 7 +1 12ga. It has a Truglo long pipe front sight and is beautiful black. I can choose the normal stock or pistol type grip that comes with but this I've already made up my mind on--I hate pistol grips on shotguns.

I was leaning toward the Rem 870 but there weren't any and really had no choice. It is to be carried out in my coffee farm and provide protection in a 25 yard radius around me.

I want to hear your honest opinion if I could have done better, even if I already went through the deal.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    1. You were right to choose conventional stock over pistol grip only.
    2. Not sure what a "speed pump" is, but over the years the 1300 series Winchester pumps have not performed to the standard I expect when students brought them to my classes. If you have one that works, good for you; shoot the hell out of it, and if and when it starts to fail, swap it for a Remington 870 or a Mossberg.

Just one guy's experience,

Mas

3. Glockbuster

Glockbuster

Jun 30, 2005
    Middle America
    Thanks for the candid reply Mas, not exactly music for my ears!! I´ll try the hell out of it and see if it works as expected.

Here´s a Youtube video of one exactly like the one I purchased

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbd8biIvNL0

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011