close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mas Ayoob G21 vs G30

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by firemedic1343, Feb 26, 2011.

1. firemedic1343

firemedic1343 Not an Expert!

I know we've discussed this before. But I have a more pointed question.

In your experience has this reasoning been comparable in the G20 and G29?

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

His assertion is that you could bench rest the pistol and see the subcompact Glock outperform the standard size Glock.

I wish I could screw both pistols into a ransom rest and settle the issue, but shooting freehand, I do have to give a big edge to my G20 over my G29. That's not scientific. That's just me.

I compare the guns side by side every time I shoot 10mm and I do shoot better groups with my G20 SF than I do with my G29SF. The difference is slight though.

I don't ever bench rest my pistols, so I have nothing to compare to his test. I don't plan to take the time to test this. If I did end up shooting better groups benchresting with my G29, who is to say it wasn't from the reduced sight radius? Now, if I had a ransom rest, that would be worth investing 50 rounds in a test. .... remove the human factor, that's what I say. :supergrin:

3. firemedic1343

Excellent. You own both and you feel the G20 has the edge. I'm not really looking for scientific, your response is appreciated~!

4. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I do appreciate Mr. Ayoob posting here and I don't doubt that he has seen a G29 outshoot a G20 while benchrested.

At the same time, I can't shoot a freehand 25 yard group this tight with my G29 SF (only my G20 SF). I believe that this is a 30-35 round group.
    [​IMG]

I would like to see someone test this in a ransom rest though. It seems like that would settle the issue once and for all.

I do think the G20 handles way better than the G29. As far as a follow on shot, the G20 wins hands down (IMHO of course).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  5. Buski

Buski

My Glock 29s are more accurate than my Glock 20s. They are also faster out of the holster (shorter) & they cycle faster (faster on the follow-up shot).

I own 3.

Good shooting

6. firemedic1343

Finally, a vote for the G29. You have a low post count, idk if I should believe you...the Ranger avatar makes me want to lean towards believing you may be credible :supergrin:

7. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

:supergrin: My G29 is accurate enough that the hypothetical, "Which is more accurate" question is quite valid. There's only one way to settle this.

[​IMG]

8. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

First i respect The Mas's opinion completely. I only have a G20sf and could not imagine a 29 that i could shoot better. I wear XL gloves so the compact framed glocks are as small as i buy. The rest would settle the question and give a answer but some would still not be swayed. Ammo used, distances shot then for some the debate is un-winable, Mas has some very valid points no doubt.

9. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Yup, I didn't want to cloud the issue, but I'm still searching for the ideal ammo for my G29. I don't expect to find it this year, as I've got a few other projects going on.

10. Buski

Buski

Do a google search on Jay Shebuski.

-Master rated GSSF & IDPA shooter.
    -US Army, retired
    -Published
    -Currently employed by FN manufacturing as a "Weapons tester".

The Glock 29 "Is" more accurate than the 20; OR, perhaps all of the pistols manufactured by Glock.

How 'bout this, I'll shoot a glock 29 @ the Morganton NC GSSF match, 16 April. I'll shoot in the Masters category & the Masters Major Sub.

Anyone w/a 20 or any other Glock up for the challenge?:supergrin:

Good shooting

11. firemedic1343

Now that's what I'm talking about!

:cheers:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  12. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I'm hoping you post a youtube video. :supergrin:

Can you recommend a favorite G29 load for accuracy?
    You could save me a lot of range and reloading time.

13. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

+1 Google proofs nothing but a video is priceless.:whistling:
    GT has some very, very good shooters one in particular i really hope he takes this "prideful" statement seriously. ;)

14. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

When you find it let me know. I just cannot find a local 29 to see how it fits my hands. I am not fond of ordering blind. Sure would be a nice carry piece. Good Luck with your projects, :wavey:

15. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Oh no, I believe that he is who he says he is.
    I would just like to see a video of a fellow Glocktalker shooting.
    If you look up his scores, they are impressive.

I'm still trying to get my G29 bucked out, so if I can find out what ammo he likes, it might save me a half dozen trips to the range.

16. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

Oh MD i have no doubt about all the google stuff at all i'm just joking around. I would and might go to see some matches soon. A video would be very cool. I would also like some info. about choice ammo weights and what nots for the 10mm. But there are members on here that i have seen videos of that amazed me . Hope your projects are indeed enjoyable,
    David :supergrin:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  17. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Do you attribute this to the double capture spring, or some other design feature of the G29?

18. Buski

Buski

Just guessing, referencing what I've read (ie I am not an engineer): barrel length short/stiff, robust slide weight, double recoil spring design, .40/10mm bullet design/weight selection.

Good shooting

19. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

Mas is probaby correct but i see the likes of Sevigny and some very young members of Team Glock use the 34 makes me wonder. I could ask Angus Hobdell but he is a CZ guy whom i really appreciate all his help thru the years. I sure would like to see Sevigny take various Glocks thru his paces. Hickok45 has a very informative video about accuracy which is a very subjective word.

I like my Glocks but my CZ's and HK's are my long time fav.s also. The USP uses a dual very robust recoil spring and are known for accuracy which adds to Mas's theory.

No dis-respect at all to Buski i'm very happy he shoots Glocks and enjoys the sport of shooting and certain he is very good at it. I sure would have really enjoyed working for most any firearm Co. plus i live in SC myself. But very thankful for all my years of Reliability Testing, Lab and Quality Control from MainFrames to BMW's a Blessed Life/Career.

20. Buski

Buski

Your living in SC?

Do you shoot @ any of the IDPA, steel challenge, USPSA matches across the State?

..if so, I may run into you.

Will be shooting the NRA TPC match, in Anderson, SC May 14th. I try to hit the matches @ Mid-Carolina, the Central Carolina Club & Greenville.

Hope to see you out there.

Good shooting