close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mas...a question on reloads for SD

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by champ198, May 28, 2011.

1. champ198

champ198

Mar 23, 2008
    i have been reading quite a few of your articles the past few days. i have jsut went through my CCW class this past weekend and the instructors said not to use reloaded ammo in your SD gun due to possible problems in a court trial if something happens.
    i was on the Fireingline forums and there is a pretty healthy debate going on about it and i wanted to get your opinion on it if possible.
    i am a reloader and love the hobby but after reading a article that you had done some time back about a case involving a couple where the wife commited suicide using a revolver that had reloaded ammo that the husband had loaded for her since she was a tad gun shy and the court tried to charge him with her murder over it.
    would like to get your ideas and opinions on this. have done a search here but didnt see anything about it.

thanks

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I agree with your instructors.

There should be threads here, and also archived at THR, TFL, and S-W forum that go into this complicated issue in detail.

best,
    Mas