close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Maryland gun permit process unconstitutional....will it change

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by bigcountry31987, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Apparently a judge ruled marylands permit process unconstitutional. If anyone here knows anything about this ruling please tell me is it going to change anything? I live in delaware right next to maryland and was thinking of moving there cause you can get alot more for your money, and it is a very nice place to live. I won't move there though because of its gun restrictions and u can basically never ever get a carry permit unless your a judges son or something.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...les-maryland-gun-permit-law-unconstitutional/

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. It has been appealed to the 4th Circuit by the state. Our case is pretty strong but you can never tell. The ruling is attached.

3. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Arkansas
    I'd like to see MD with reciprocity for my state. I drive around MD rather than through it because I don't want to give up my right to defend myself or be a criminal under their laws. !!!

4. Alright so moving there is probably a bad idea then. How do I follow this appeal online?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. MDLibertarian

MDLibertarian NRA Life Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    You can follow the case on the Maryland Shall Issue website since they helped to fund the lawsuit with a grant from the Second Amendment Foundation.

6. You got it backwards. MSI gave the SAF 10k to help fund the lawsuit.

7. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    This one will probably have to go all the way to the SCUSA before it is settled.

8. MDLibertarian

MDLibertarian NRA Life Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    Oops. My bad. Thanks for the correction. :wavey:

I'm rather surprised an organization as small as MSI found $10K to provide to SAF. It may have come from a few large donors who could afford to provide the funds. :dunno:

9. Many folks contributed. MSI is getting ready to send another money bomb to SAF next week. They are sending all donations from March 5 to March 12 to SAF.

Please donate if you can. The fight is far from over.

www.marylandshallissue.org