Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Martial Law Makes Gun Prepping Unnecessary!

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Made in Austria, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    They don't know exactly, but if you've bought one since the brady bill was enacted, they have a record that you are a gun owner and a partial list. Yeah, I know they only keep those for a couple of days...right...and that explains why the dealer has to give them the brand, model and serial number of the gun, when that has no legal significance to the background check, too, right?

Yes, they currently have an electronic record, somewhere, of every gun you have bought with a Brady background check, They have a paper and electronic record of every gun you have boght at a gun shop that is no longer in business. In a fairly short time they can have a record of every gun anybody ever bought from any FFL.
  2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Exactly - troops or troupes, all I know is they keep us safe from &%&^^% hippies.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    You said it. People go on about how the 2nd amendment is about keeping guns to resist the government by force, but from 1775 to today, a very large majority have never had the backbone to do anything about it.
  4. Verrater

Verrater JOIN, or DIE

Dec 26, 2008
    You're right, better just hand them over.
    I mean what's the worst that could happen?

Edit: Those Katrina confiscations were ruled unconstitutional.
    Doesn't mean it won't happen again though.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  5. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)

Yes, they have a partial list of guns purchased, you "may" own from FFL's.

That in no way shape or form, constitutes any sort of even decent information to make a guestiment of how many guns you ACTUALLY own.
  6. NecoDude

Mar 22, 2011
    No Name City...
    .gov would only have a starting number of guns you'd have, unless you've blown it by posting way too many details of your inventory online. Deny, Deny, Deny, obfuscate, adapt and overcome. We, as a country have allowed the liberals to take us to where we're at today. Me as an individual has allowed it too I guess, but I'm in the minority as in this country it's majority rules. I'm not willing to hand over one damn gun, no matter what.
  7. Was anyone killed by a gun during Katrina other than by the police (Danzinger bridge and others)? Seems like the only ones killed by a gun were killed by the police, though I don't know for sure. Yes there was some looting, some of the looting was done by police as well.
  8. PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    I'm with you, in that even I don't know how many guns I have. I can't imagine the government does either. If they figure it out, can you have them tell me so I can update my insurance? :supergrin:
  9. MoneyMaker

Feb 16, 2009
    Thats why i buy all mine thru private sales,,,,No ffl or NICS crap here as i dont own a gun
  10. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    1 in 5 people (at least) that died during Katrina died from violence. I'm guessing that at least half of them were killed by firearms.
  11. Wake_jumper

May 3, 2007
    Martial Law cancels the Constitution.
  12. inzone

Aug 20, 2009
    dont put all your/eggs in one basket! redundancy is the key to survival. Have some well hidden in a very difficult area of your home to search for or find. Have some ready at hand. have some perhaps cached somewhere, even bury a few with ammo. Have some placed with trusted relatives or friends just to store in a closet for you, etc. door to door gun searches and confiscation throughout the entire nation would be extraordinarily difficult, if not impossible. Even the nazis couldnt find but a fraction of the guns hidden by the French Resistance in WW II. Also, when a lot of those sent to searcvh for and confiscate guns dont come back then the next groups to go out may well just decide to laydog it instead of really search or confront. You can also have some cheap old bolt actions to use as decoys if they come search and you arent inclined to fight it out with them at that moment.....then the armed guerilla resistance starts! The confiscators have to live somewhere, they have to eat, crap, refuel, they have to stop and rest. you go and hunt them to! two can play the search and confiscation game! dont go gentle into that dark night!
  13. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified

Dec 26, 2008
    Only in Klark county. It's not statewide.
    Now, the Brady check can certainly be cross-referenced to get an idea of what you may have.

14. Lol. I like the way you think!
  15. G19freak

Nov 26, 2001
    A rifle behind every blade of grass----just sayin.

Have a feeling quite a few police/mil will take on another line of work when faced with that stark reality-----not to mention being placed in the position of having to fire on their friends, relatives and countrymen---how many will be up for that situation?

How many will be willing to work(and die) for worthless money when there's no one out there paying taxes for their salaries?
  16. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Feb 11, 2002
    California Sierra Mnts
    So some falsely claim. The Constitution says otherwise.
  17. Protus

Apr 6, 2008
    why stock food, fema has hand out lines.....

as said whats the point.......prep as you can, guns, gear,food, water and all of it...
    shtf isnt just about the NWO coming to take your AR15
  18. thesurefire

Apr 16, 2006
    If you think the .gov is coming for your guns why would you tell them what you plan to do when they implement that plan in a public fashion?
  19. TactiCool

Feb 1, 2012
    Southeast LA.
    UN peacekeepers, NATO troops, foreign military, and contractors would have no such moral trouble disarming and killing Americans. IF martial law were ever declared, it would have to be foreign troops doing the dirty work, because, as others have said, there are simply not enough domestic military and police to do the job effectively.

And during Katrina, there were foreign contractors protecting the assets of the ultra wealthy - one company that was employing security in N.O was Isreali I believe. Blackwater, now called Academi, was down there as well. They even went in and began operations one whole week before they got a government contract from FEMA.
  20. JK-linux

Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2012