close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Martial Law Makes Gun Prepping Unnecessary!

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Made in Austria, Apr 6, 2012.

1. If you watch these videos you will soon realize that gun prepping for a SHTF scenario probably doesn't make much sence and is rather a waste of money to invest in guns and ammo.

I always thought that hiding weapons is a very good way to bypass the Martial law, but today I don't think so becasue the government probably knows exactly how many guns you own.

What do you think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf8trl69kzo"]Hurricane Katrina Door to Door Firearms Confiscation - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LZWqrHd3r4"]Glenn Beck Warns Of Food Riots, Martial Law & Gun Confiscations - YouTube[/ame]
    (go forward to 4:25)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4"]NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Jux68F_AQ"]Military Preparing for Martial Law - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

2. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Aug 18, 2010
    TX
  3. LOL. No not me. I can't imagine me fighting against a horde of army guys. I'll just hand my gun over.

4. NecoDude

NecoDude

Mar 22, 2011
    No Name City...
    The things that make you go hummm.... Hummm....

5. Rodman24

Rodman24

Jul 6, 2011
    Does anyone remember what happened to the police force during Katrina?

6. Maybe the answer is to keep some of your guns ready, and bury others with ammo. Then when the time comes you can retrieve the buried ones.

7. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    Kansas
    Yeah. It's a waste of time. I would hand 'em over too. You're right. I mean, what's the point, right ? :yawn:

8. Bolster

Bolster Not Ready Yet!

Jul 23, 2011
    State of Stupidity
    Why do we continue to call this country "United States of America"? That country's gone. We need a new name.

9. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

Jan 27, 2001
    Clarksville, TN
    Check your state laws. I thought a bunch of states passed laws preventing gun confiscation in situations like that.

The real issue will be forced evacuation. I'm sure most jurisdictions can forcibly condemn buildings as being "unsafe" and make evacuation mandatory. In this situation your preps are to make sure you can stay OUT of relocation camps. Have the cash and supplies necessary to stay at a hotel or family/friends house and not in a camp like those poor Katrina refugees.

10. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    How does the gov't know exactly how many guns someone has?

Hell, I couldn't even tell you how many I have without counting them all while they're infront of me. Pretty impressive if they could tell me.

Secondly, after all the laws passed making that illegal, I doubt it will happen again.

11. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Western Colorado
    We should have no doubt that as a part of the "war on terror", .gov supercomputers are monitoring and compiling data on all of us. Every post and comment you transmit on any listserv, forum, and website from GT to facebook provides another slice of the information pie. Personalities are categorized, people labeled, and potential threats however small are analyzed. If the day ever comes there will be no anonymity and little place to hide.

But, I don't agree that prepping is unnecessary, or that resistance is futile.

12. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

May 3, 2007
    Kansas
    Under the President's "National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order of March 16", State and Local Laws are meaningless.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-garrison/martial-law-under-another_b_1370819.html

13. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    Hell, if you guys are going to hand over your guns so willingly, then what is the point in having them in the 1st place?

14. Rodman24

Rodman24

Jul 6, 2011
    I would say that in the event of martial law, most police and national guard troops would be busy with the more populated areas, providing security instead beating around in the sticks looking for Joe Bob and his guns. And very few laws would actually matter at that point.

Anyone who thinks that US gun owners will just roll over and allow the confiscation is fooling themselves. Of course I don't own firearms anymore, but I'm just sayin'...

15. Bolster

Bolster Not Ready Yet!

Jul 23, 2011
    State of Stupidity
    I assume you are saying this sarcastically?

16. Not sure, but they could if they wanted to, if they dont do it already. It's pretty easy her in Nevada because you have to register each firearm except of longarms.

Or they could just count each background check you have had in the past regarding firearm purchases.

17. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)

Maybe in your state.

Not in the free ones.

18. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)

Number of background checks doesn't mean much. I've bought less than 10 of my guns from FFL's, and only transferred 3-4 through them.

90% of my guns have been purchased from private party's and I've sold several of the transferred ones the same way.

Good luck figuring out how many guns I have, when I can't even give you an exact number without cracking my safe and checking my SN books.

19. mortpes

mortpes

Oct 1, 2006
    Troups = safety? Kent State.