close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Married guys; wedding band tat

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DoogieHowser, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    I wear a titanium band and find it comfy enough to work in. My original gold band not so much. While a tat ring might appear tacky to some I would do it if I was in an occupation that made it more hazardous to wear a ring.

I've failed at many things in my life. My marriage won't be one of them.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. CW Mock

CW Mock

Feb 4, 2006
    I don't wear a wedding ring at work, period. Some old school cops explained a lot of reasons not to, and I bought it. Mine is in a box at home. I'm still married, ring on or not, and my wife agrees.

3. Pepper45

Pepper45

Jun 15, 2006
    I've always worn my wedding ring. There is a chance I can have an issue, but I've done it without problems, doing every kind of mechanical work on my own cars, working around the house, and it's been all good.

4. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    My wife loves me, of this I have no doubt and will stay with me to the end. UNLESS I got a tattoo of any kind.

5. I wear a Tungsten Carbide ring I got off Amazon for about $20. Drives my wife nuts that I ordered my ring online but I love it. I've never worn any sort of jewelry, not even a watch, so I didn't want to go with anything expensive in case I lost it. They can't be resized so I've got a couple of them in different sizes in case I gain or lose weight (hopefully lose). I'm an Electrical Engineer in a large chemical facility so it's nice to know that it won't react with any of the chemicals either.

I can't wear it certain times at work so I just leave it on my desk, ring or no ring I'm still married to her.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I leave it at home when I'm doing details. Something happens and you break that finger, I'm thinking its going to create some problems. But if you aren't likely to ever have to punch someone.... :whistling:

Randy

7. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    The idea of a wedding ring has significant meaning to most women, but few men.

The only ring I ever bought for myself was my university class ring for my undergrad. Since they can't take that away or divorce me, perhaps I'll get a tat of that... since I don't know where the original is now. :headscratch:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  8. DoogieHowser

DoogieHowser Eh

Jul 27, 2005
    VA, USA
    Thanks for the thoughts, I know you guys are trying to make sure that I take care of myself but divorce isn't a word in my marriage vocabulary so I'm not worried about that part. If she dies before me I'll figure that out as we go the tat would be the least of my concerns.

I'm surprised that so many people wear theirs at work, I've seen some deglovings and personally I've already had to have mine it off once due to catching it in a door striker plate at work. I wouldn't get anything other than gold for a ring either since most ems programs only know how to it them off. Ceramics can be taken off with a pair of vise grips but some of the other metal favors if not scored at manufacturing are hard to remove.

Honestly I'd be perfectly fine not wearing it at all but it is a big deal to the wife and that's her perogative. I was thinking either a thin black band that goes where my band normally sits on the top of my finger or a -S- kind of deal. ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1364084549.855372.jpg The other idea was Roman numerals of our wedding date like this ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1364084512.413924.jpg or since I'm Irish. ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1364084535.507818.jpg

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    Cheap A**...Enough said.

10. Tacky.

Just take off the ring when you're working.

11. Never thought about the tat, but quit wearing mine after seeing one of the guys on my crew hanging by his weading ring off an external radio cabinet door while walking off the cross over bridge on a pumper. Complete ring avulsion.

12. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    theres something about a traditional gold band that suits me.

13. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

May 10, 2002
    There's something about no visible tats in uniform or business casual that suits me.