close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Marlin Glenfield M60

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by SHOOTR13, Jun 11, 2014.

1. SHOOTR13

SHOOTR13 G30SF Owner

Jan 7, 2009
    PENNSYLVANIA
    Another new addition to my collection...a Marlin Glenfield Model 60 chambered in .22 long rifle semi-auto with an under barrel 17 round tubular magazine.

The Glenfield's were only manufactured between 1966 and 1982...this one is from 1980.

It's topped off with a vintage K-Mart 4x15 scope that will be replaced with something a little easier to see through...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see...it's in pristine condition for a 34 year old rifle.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014

2. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

Great little rifle, I have the same but not nearly as purty as yours. Congrats!

HR:cool:

3. SHOOTR13

SHOOTR13 G30SF Owner

Jan 7, 2009
    PENNSYLVANIA
  4. redrick

redrick

Jun 6, 2009
    Virginia
    Nice .22 , I like the older ones the best .

5. Nice! Might wanna keep the Kmart scope around for show. It's kind of "period correct" for the Glenfield.

Come to think of it, wow, the gun counter at Kmart- that really takes me back.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Current Resident and Ozlo like this.
  6. SHOOTR13

SHOOTR13 G30SF Owner

Jan 7, 2009
    PENNSYLVANIA
    The K-Mart is still on her...and is still being used.

Not too bad once I got use to it !!

ditto1958 likes this.
  7. JLA

JLA

Feb 11, 2007
    BuckeyeLand
    Fantastic little rifle! That combined with a 10/22 is a winning combination. :)

8. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    I have one from 1973. Still in excellent condition.

9. AF-Odin

AF-Odin

Oct 12, 2007
    Central Texas
    Nice looking! Got two like that, only one with the scope though. One is stored with my long term survival stuff. My favorite is their little brother a Model 60C. All of them are VERY reliable and a joy to shoot

10. Nice score! I miss the days of buying brand new Glenfields for $29~39 at K-Mart. tom.:cool:

Current Resident and ditto1958 like this.
  11. That's really nice!

I have an old Marlin model 49 from 1970 ~ Same basic action but with a two piece stock.

Great old rifles.

[​IMG]

12. Leigh

Leigh

May 22, 2000
    Eastern Kentucky
    Very common around here but NOT in the condition of yours!
    The ones I see going for $125 are VERY used (some bordering on abused).
    Like many Nylon 66's, they were preferred by coon hunters and as such, saw some VERY rough use.

13. Congrats!

Very nice looking! I have a 1975 version.

If you haven't done so, you should check out the Marlin/semi-auto section of RimfireCentraldotCom.

A LOT of great info. Especially about changes needed if your feedthroat gets worn out.

One option to consider [for all Model 60 owners] is the KAT trigger by arrowdodger. I had it done and have a safe and CRISP 2lb trigger now. I highly recommend it.

14. failsafe

failsafe

Oct 25, 2003
    Missouri
    I have a Glenfield model 60 from around '78 or '79..I became bored with the wood, so I refinished it..
    [​IMG]

ditto1958 likes this.
  15. SHOOTR13

SHOOTR13 G30SF Owner

Jan 7, 2009
    PENNSYLVANIA
    Thanks for the info bczrx...

...and that re-finish turned out awesome failsafe !!

16. failsafe

failsafe

Oct 25, 2003
    Missouri
    Thanks, the blond color is the actual wood color when the old finish was stripped and lightly sanded..And quite a few coats of hand applied tung oil..:cool:

17. Nice looking gun!

How do people like those Marlin model 60s? I've never touched one, or even seen one. But I'm looking at buying a .22LR rifle in the next few weeks and thinking about it.

It's mainly going to be for teaching my wife and some of of friends kids to shoot, and after that just plinking at 100 yards or so max for me. I'm mainly thinking about the Model 60 because it uses a tube instead of magazines and I don't want to keep track of yet another set of magazines.

ditto1958 likes this.