close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Marlin 70821 XT22TR

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by syntaxerrorsix, Jan 12, 2012.

1. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this rifle? I ordered one today to replace my model 60 I swore I would never sell :faint:

Anyways as the model states it's the tube fed version bolt action with an adjustable trigger and sights.

[​IMG]

2. Did you get the gun yet? I am very interested in hearing your opinions on the gun.

Kevin

3. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    I did.

It's well constructed with no fit or finish issues. I haven't adjusted the trigger from it's stock configuration but it is very crisp. The action is a little stiff even after 300 rounds. I'm hoping over time it smooths out a bit.

I shot it out to 50 yards with iron sights and kept everything within about a 4" circle. The targets I had brought were to small for the range I was shooting at so I think I could have done better with the rifle if I knew my sight picture was more consistent. I did not have a single failure of any kind using Federal bulk pack ammunition.

I'm considering a scope. The barrel is drilled and tapped already so it should be easy enough. I also think I would have preferred a wood stock with the tube magazine but that wasn't an option at the time. They rifle feels very light, almost toy light so very easy for back packing.

I'm still glad I opted for tube fed over magazine fed. 17 rounds of .22 in a magazine would look silly :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  4. Geno

Geno Millennium Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Dunsmuir, Ca. USA
    I just received mine and the rear sight was installed in the barrel crooked by about 1mm. Kind of a bummer.

I've heard a lot of complaints about rifles coming out of Marlin's new Kentucky plant with quality control issues. I was hoping mine wouldn't have any build issues but I guess they're still having them. Looks like I'll have to install a scope.

5. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Funny you mention that. Last time out I found myself "manually" adjusting the rear sight. I've got it where I need it now but there was some correction required.

6. kaptain

kaptain

Dec 8, 2010
    Central IL
    I have a marlin xt22tr and I've bought some tech sights for it to help with accuracy, what I am trying to find is a good stock replacement for it that I don't have to modify to fit the tubular magazine. All of the stocks I find are for the detachable magazines..

7. syntaxerrorsix

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    The rifle is still pretty new. It would not surprise me that aftermarket parts are not yet available for it.