close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mark IV barrel

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by PMMA97, Nov 21, 2004.

1. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    Guys,

How much is a barrel for this kind of Colt pistol? Could you point me in the right direction on where to buy one locally. Thanks to the group! :)

2. Just a heads-up Sir, CLIP MERCHANDISING has some in stock every once in a while. Way back in 1999 they've been asking 10,000pesos and for the national match barrel for 18,000 new in the wrap. For the cheap alternative you can get a USGI 779 barrel around camp Crame for 4k to 5k pesos.

3. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    Are there any other reliable replacement barrels? Thanks!

4. Is it for carry or competition? Or you can try BAR-STO, KART or LISSNER barrels as a replacement. But the bottom line is no matter how good the barrel is, it all depends on the proper fitting of the gunsmith. ;)

5. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    Actually it's for a friend who had purchased a compensated barrel (Wilson?). Palagi ko kasi naririnig na nagrereklamo kasi daw pangit Kaya I'm planning to get him a standard barrel for his .45 :) Thanks a lot paltik:)

6. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Compensated as in threaded compensator? If so, you can hack it off and re-crown it. But if it's a ported barrel, medyo tricky.

Kung 'di sya mapili, try the Armscor barrels. Fit right, it can shoot groups worth more than it's price. ;)

7. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    I have not actaully seen the unit. I may check it out tomorrow and will update this thread. Thanks.

8. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    I saw the unit yesterday and the barrel was marked "WILSON 45 ACP" underneath the compensator was a set screw. I did not have my precision tools with me so I dont know if the barrel was threaded. Still have no idea if it's ported also.