Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Marines Refuse to Testify in Court

Discussion in 'The US Marine Corps Forum' started by Blitzer, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Marines Refuse to Testify in Court (

2. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Apr 22, 2007
    North Idaho
    Brother's first

Semper Fi

3. USMC1369

Apr 24, 2007
    Semper Fi.

They are doing the right thing. The disturbing part s that this came to light in an inadmissable lie detector test. Isn't there a law saying something about those can only look for deception?
  4. Biscuitsjam

Jan 10, 2004
    Ummm... It is an "inadmissable" test, which means it cannot be "admitted" as evidence in a criminal trial.

That doesn't mean that the test is ultra-top-secret and the administrators of the test can't use it for ANY other purpose (such as denying employment or starting a criminal investigation).

What's disturbing here is that a CIVILIAN court is trying a marine for actions that he may have committed in a war zone on the other side of the world. This should be declared out of their jurisdiction. If a crime was committed, the Marine Corps should recall this guy to active duty and try him a Court Martial.
  5. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

Dec 5, 2004
    Cherry Point NC
    what about

Death Before Dishonor

They are doing exactly what they should do, maybe not what some people consider "right"

but we all know how we love paper pushers and bean counters.
  6. Biscuitsjam

Jan 10, 2004
    Are these Marines refusing to testify because it is "right" or because of self-interest?
  7. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

Jul 10, 2006
    Littleton, Colorado
    We still have legal rights even though we wear a uniform. The fifth still applies and they can take it. The powers to be are pushing this in Fed court because they know a conviction at a Courts Martail won't happen.

Why come to the Marine forum when you’re not a Jarhead to stir it up? I have no idea what kind of integrity that these Marines have nor do I know if any of them are guilty. I do know that they are presumed to be innocent.
  8. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Good Post.:faint: