Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Marine Corps Museum

Discussion in 'The US Marine Corps Forum' started by pjva04, Mar 31, 2008.

1. pjva04

pjva04 Snub Lover

My Dad (1960-1966) and I (1990-1996) visited the new museum adjacent to Quantico this weekend. I was very impressed with it, but due to the large amount of reading involved, wasn't able to enjoy it to the full potential. I will probably go back when I can view it at a slower pace. I could spend hours just focusing on the period between War Between the States and WWI, my favorite historical era of the USMC. I may try to get in on a guided tour when I go back, then aftwards hit the parts that I want to see the most.
  2. usmc0341

Mar 22, 2007
    I went there after it first opened, and was very impressed. Definitely a must see for all Marines.

Semper Fi

3. cce1302

Dec 22, 2007
    I went through in a couple hours last year. Am in town this week and next though and will be taking my time to go through probably saturday or sunday.
  4. Glock 31 owner

Glock 31 owner

Jan 1, 2008
    I am not a Marine but I want to go see it up close just to see the building itself. Construction is my line of work and from I-95 that building is a work of art. I cannot wait to see it up close.
    Not sure if any one is interested but I have attached a link to an article from Modern Steel Construction magazine that tells a little bit about the building. You will have to look on page two of the pdf file.
  5. 93GT

93GT The Ogre

Jul 6, 2002
    Good museum, I spent 5 or 6 hours there last summer.
  6. inkslut

inkslut NRA Member

Apr 4, 2006
    San Antonio
    i am planning to fly to VA to visit a friend soon, the museum is on our list of things to do while I am in town. Last time I visited him we toured the barracks at 8th & I, that was awesome as well..
  7. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Jan 2, 2005
    Taylorsville, KY
    It is on my list of things to do soon.