manual safety

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rich47, Oct 18, 2013.

1. rich47

Hi, I just watched a YouTube video in which someone had a external manual safety put on their Glock 30s. Has anyone here had that done? By whom?

Thanks
    Rich

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    handgun with - or without manual safety GATE Self-Defense Forum Jan 7, 2015
    Wts/wtt: G19 g4 w/manual safety (fl) Firearms Listings Jul 25, 2014
    manual safety General how-To Help Forum Feb 22, 2014
    CZ handgun - Decocking Lever VS manual safety. General Firearms Forum Jan 19, 2014
    Manual safety's for the Glocks GATE Self-Defense Forum Jul 19, 2013

3. All my Glocks have external manual safety, my finger. It stays off the trigger until I'm ready for it to go bang. Glocks are designed to not have external safeties. Your best bet is to get a handgun that comes with a factory external manual safety already on it.

4. No need for it , don't waste the money

5. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Good holster and keep your finger off the trigger till your ready to roll, problem solved.

6. If you want a manual safety, you don't buy a Glock. It's that simple.

7. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Agreed!

8. brownings 1911 prototype didnt have a thumb safety the safety was the governments idea, ive carried glocks for yrs it only goes off when i pull the trigger.good holster good belt no problems good luck

9. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have not had that done.

I don't want manual safeties on my defensive pistols.

That's what holsters + rule #3 are for.

10. you just opened a can of worms. have fun

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. Agreed. If you feel you need one there are many great options already out there on other manufactures firearms.

12. PhotoFeller

Silver Member

Hmmm. What if you already own a Glock and decide you want an external safety?

The Cominolli safety is regarded as a well designed accessory that doesn't void the Glock factory warranty. That sounds pretty simple, too.

13. then you sell that unsafe gun and buy a safe gun

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. You sell it and get something else instead of putting some goofy aftermarket contraption on your carry gun.

Bad idea...

15. Exactly

I can't even imagine the thought process that steers people to put some cheap and cheesy lever safety on their Glock.

16. PhotoFeller

Silver Member

No, what I do is what I want to do with my money and my property. Its called free choice, owner discretion.

I like Glock pistols. I might like them better with a manual safety from Cominolli.

Some folks add a NY trigger. Others spend their money on other Glock enhancements, including lighter pull-weight trigger set ups that, arguably, detract from safety. That's ok, isn't it?

There is no sin in adding a manual safety to a Glock pistol, just as there is no cardinal rule against modifying/accessorizing an AR, a 1911 or any other firearm. Its that simple.

17. He asked for our opinion we gave him our opinion. It's that simple!!!

18. Does adding the parts you list involve cutting on a frame?? Bad idea!!!!

19. :rofl: HAHAAHAHAHA! SO TRUE!

20. Yeah, this topic is always an adventure...

21. Any that the truth. I don't know what topic is more adventures this topic or the one about carrying a Glock with one in the chamber. :couch: