close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mang Dolpo's Niece

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Young Once, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Have any of you guys heard of Mang Dolpo's (formerly of Northstar) niece, Coset, who runs a gunsmithing outfit near the location of Tony Pascual's? I'm building a gun and she came highly recommended by Mang Dolpo. Never had any experience with her outfit, though. If any of you have had any experience with her work, I sure would appreciate the feedback! Thanks one and all!

2. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    Good Lord, don't leave it hanging like that! :)
    Post a phone number at least.

3. He now works for a security agency based at the Catleya Building on Salcedo Street. You can reach him through cell no. 09162649222. You may also try his residence number (although i'm not sure if this is still ok) at 292-5778.

Horge, is this the phone number you were referring to? :)

4. bokbok_05

bokbok_05

Apr 24, 2005
    thanks, Young Once. one more thing, puede ba magpagawa sa kanya sa office niya o sa bahay? TIA.

5. You're welcome! From what I know, di sya pwede tumanggap sa office, since private employee sya. But he does appointments, usually after office hours or weekends. He also does home service now, from what I gather.

6. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    :)
    I already had Mang D's number, and was trying to save a call or two.

I was talking about a contact number for his niece Cosette(?): the geographic reference point (Tony Pascual's shop) has moved some distance, and I'm not sure if the rough description of where her shop is, takes this into account. It's not a lot of fun trying a house-to-house along the QC-Manila border.

:)h.

7. Chie

Chie

Jul 1, 2005
    I went to the shop of a.p. pascual last sat to get a quotation for a job.

Their address is 36 Mariveles St. cor Dapitan Q.C. tel is 7417243, the sisters that are running the place are Cosette and Margie Pascual.

Just dont bring an SUV or any wide wheelbase cars going to their place coz the St. is sooooooo narrow!

;f

8. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Sounds family. What does Cosette look like?

9. Horge, sorry, pero di ko din kasi alam yung address and phone number nila. Anyway, Chie has already provided us the needed info.

To Chie, have you had any past experience with them, and would you recommend them?

Thanks.

10. Chie

Chie

Jul 1, 2005
    I only met Margie eh! Her answers seems straight and honest to goodness about the questions I had asked her on the job I wanted for my gun. She's cute ;f

No experience with their work amigo, though Margie said that Jun Gino gets his pistolas serviced at their shop. :)

11. Thanks again Chie. Hope that other BOG's who have had an experience with their work can enlighten me!

12. MDAP713

MDAP713

Dec 11, 2005
    Philippines
    Young Once,

I had good experience in having my Colt M1991 A1 ORM done by the shop of the Pascual sisters. I am satistified with their works, the gunsmith is Arnold. I always deal with Marge, I saw Cossette only once in the shop.

Below are some of the works done with my 1911.

Mounting of Bomar sight
    Dovetail front sight
    Serration front slide
    Magwell
    Trigger Job
    Match barrel
    Black Chrome
    Front grip checkering

I hope this help in your inquiry.

MDAP713

13. MDAP713, thanks for your input, it will surely help me in making my decision.

Young Once.

14. Namron

Namron

Aug 19, 2005
    abroad
    Whom would you prefer to fix/customized your gun, MANG DOLPO or COL. BAYANG?

Thanks!

15. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    pardon my ignorance, but is AP Pascual, Tony Pascual also? Do they have a store in their shop where you can buy parts over the counter?

Thanks!

16. Namron, insofar as fixing guns are concerned, OK si Mang Dolpo. Okay din naman si Col. Bayang as I had one of my guns completed by him a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, though, medyo inconvenient puntahan si Col. Bayang kasi malayo sa office ko yung shop nya at talagang kelangan sadyain. His advantage is that complete ang gamit nya. But both of them do good work.

For the other BOG's I'd like to ask this question, I'm building a gun on a tight budget. Complete na yung parts sa taas. Yung receiver na lang. I plan to use Armscor parts where I can save. Can you suggest what Armscor Parts I can use for the receiver and what parts I should'nt scrimp on?

Thanks to one and all!!!

17. Namron

Namron

Aug 19, 2005
    abroad
    Young Once,

Thank you for your reply! So, ok lang sa akin Col. Bayang coz' his shop is close to mine in Pateros.

namron

18. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Di ko ma-gets, do you mean the hammer, trigger assembly etc?
    Why armscor parts?
    Have your gunsmith build it. Mas maganda pa and libre pa fitting

19. Allegra, yup, I meant the receiver parts. Trigger, hammer, grip and thumb safeties, mainspring housing, etc. I was told by someone that okay naman daw armscor parts, but there are some armscor parts I should't use, such as the thumb safety and the sear spring, but I'm not sure if this is true. And considering my tight budget, it seemed like a good idea to use Atmscor parts where I can, and branded parts for those where I can't. Yun nga lang, I don't really know what parts to scrimp on and what parts to really spend on. :)

Thanks again!