close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mandatory Fingerprinting

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Jocephus70, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Jocephus70

Jocephus70

Feb 24, 2007
    VA
    Does your locale require fingerprinting when applying for your conceal carry permit? I live in Salem and they do. No extra cost, just the $50.

2. 22collector

22collector

Sep 11, 2005
    Salem, VA
    Hey look at your reciept the license is $45 and $5 for fingerprints. At least it was for mine. It took about a month to get mine but I got it about 45 days later cause they said my phone number didnt work, so make sure you keep up on it. otherwise really simple.

3. Scott30

Scott30

Dec 8, 2006
    Central VA
    Chesterfield County (Richmond) requires it

4. Virginian

Virginian

Nov 22, 2003
    Virginia
    Pittsylvania County doesn't require fingerprinting but nearby city of Danville does.

5. Jocephus70

Jocephus70

Feb 24, 2007
    VA
    Today has been 21 days since I applied. I call them every Monday morning. I am probably driving them nuts.:tongueout:

A friend of mine told me his took almost 2 months. I know that if I don't get mine in 45 days, they have to issue me a temporary.:thumbsup:

You were right about the receipt.