close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Man with gun in Walmart arrested for refusing to show permit

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Nov 9, 2012.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Why do you doubt me? I was very worried about dinner and my choices were Turkish, Italian, German, and sorta a German/polish mix. I ended up going for German and had wild boar gulash with spaetzle.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

You need to take a lesson from The Mayor, Mayor okie. You know him, right? He's the one with 127,427 posts.

Now, Mayor okie, he posts a lot about his breakfasts, lunches, suppers. Never have I known him to insert his discussions about meals into another member's totally unrelated thread. The Mayor, he's polite that way.

Now, you, you're not so polite. Your dinner worries, well they were posted to disrupt, to incite other members into responding, challenging you. Maybe they would say something impolite. Then you get to report their posts, get them in trouble, or better yet, get the thread closed. You know, that unlucky thing that seems to happen to other members when you enter their threads.

So how about this, if you have a comment to make directly relating to a thread's topic, directly meaning no one needs to ask for clarification, you go right ahead and post.

Now, if all you want to do, like in this thread, is to disrupt things, you know, troll, don't do it.

That way, I'll not have to doubt your intentions.

Thanks... :cool:

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Well, thank you. Of course you are not so polite yourself but that would be off topic to point out that you have made a lot of untrue accusations/assumptions.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I thought the Iowa law required a permit to carry a handgun (inside or outside city limits), that the permit allows either open carry or concealed carry whether within city limits or not, and that while legal, open carry would tend to draw attention. So the "outside city limits open carry legal for all" part I wasn't aware of.

Further, if asked by a law officer to show your permit to carry, legally you are required to comply. Nothing in the law about whether the law officer is on or off duty seems to matter.

5. CBL

CBL

Cant speak to Iowa but in VA when LEOs work off duty gigs they are being paid to perform their law enforcement functions on private property. They maintain the same authority as when on the government dime and are expected to act accordingly.

6. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

If the Cop wasn't wearing his hat it will get thrown out of court.

7. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

I'm still waiting for that reply too. I can't find any mention of that in the code.

8. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

I read the code again last night and still cannot find that...

9. barres

barres

I don't know where you get this hogwash. You must intentionally fail to conceal to be guilty of an offense. Printing or the wind blowing your cover garment over your CCW is not intentional. Anything that starts with or contains accidentally is not intentional.

Texas Penal Code §46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  10. TK-421

TK-421

Delete, see below comment.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  11. TK-421

TK-421

Alright, you're right, I'm wrong, my bad, I'm sorry.

Just called up the police non-emergency number, and the guy I talked to said that as long as you're not intentionally showing it off, you're fine. He said that if you're wearing a coat and a gust of wind blows it open, and it shows for a second, it's fine. I asked if I reached to the top shelf in a grocery store and my shirt lifted up and exposed my firearm, then it's fine. As long as it's accidental, and I'm not intentionally showing it off, it's fine. And he said that if someone complains and the cops talk to you, just explain that it was accidental, you were reaching for something or a gust of wind blew your coat open, show them your CHL, and everything should be fine.

Thanks for questioning my comment, it got me to do some research and make a phone call, and now I'm better informed and not so worried about printing or accidentally exposing my firearm. :wavey:

12. Thumpernator

Thumpernator

TK-421.....You may now go back to your post.
    :supergrin:

Good job.