close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Man with concealed carry permit arrested after pointing gun

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TBO, Jun 27, 2012.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

2. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    If only he had been open carrying an orange AK this could have all been avoided.

3. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

May 17, 2002
    Hallstead, PA
    Of course this should be investigated. However I saw nothing in the article indicating that the gun had been actually aimed at someone. The story said that Parkeh loaded a round into the chamber.

I'm curious as to how the Police who did NOT witness the scene can press charges against either of the men involved.

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL

I am going to guess probably the same way that the Police can press charges against a murder subject when they did not actually witness the murder themselves. When evidence collected, things like statements, crime scene stuff, etc. reaches a level that could reasonably convince someone that a crime was commited and the subject is the one who did it in some crimes an arrest can be effected even if the officer(s) did not witness it. In some jurisdictions felonies and some misdemeanors are handled like this.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  5. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas
    Alright guys, who was this on glocktalk? :rofl:

"Parekh had a concealed carry permit, and claimed his detention was an illegal arrest."

6. jph02

jph02

Jun 10, 2012
    Michigan
    I'm not sure who is the bigger tard here. Parekh for getting involved with a girl who still lives with her ex-boyfriend and then pointing a weapon at him? Or Galbriese for getting upset someone's shacked up with his ex. :headscratch:

7. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    Jer ry! Jer ry! Jer ry!

8. Osborne

Osborne

Jan 3, 2012
    Kentucky

As soon as I saw the headline of the article, I wondered their username on GT.......

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  9. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    I also noted that the guy banging the ex-girlfriend committed at least one act of violence before he left. {According to the story.}

10. Madison Police has a history of anti-gun positions. That being said I agree with jph02.

11. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

12. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Not his house. He was the aggressor. He was stupid.

13. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    It appears he followed GNG protocol and said "am I being detained":dunno:

14. eccho

eccho

Mar 28, 2012
    Your logic simply fails. There is a big difference between arresting someone because their is physical, tangible evidence that suggests or declares guilt and essentially getting involved in he said/she said.

The police can press charges if they believe a crime occurred, but a good lawyer could probably the guy off because it's a matter of who to believe.

All you have to do is create reasonable doubt that you didn't do it.

15. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    Your logic fails, due to being...well, wrong. I need PC to arrest for a felony - nothing else. I can also arrest for domestic violence offenses not committed in my presence, given PC. This is in Kentucky, I don't speak for other state laws...since I neither care nor live there.

16. Is it me or does all of the player names sounds like girls names? :)

So back to the crime or attempt crimes, the police stopped a individual for possible pulling a gun. Since we don't know what really happen and I'm sure the news has it half right or half wrong or 100% wrong.

Let's speculate;

the gun-owner was in a bedroom of another person, this person probably was invited in and would be assumed a guest, it's probably safe to say he didn't crawl in thru a broken window or bum rush the door or home invade

the aggressor in this case, found the above person in the house, demand the other person to leave ( sounds like a love triangle thing going on ) and some confrontation existed

we also know that other person was charged and also had punched a wall/door ( I forgot which one and not going to re-read the story ), so act of violence was committed

So how do you know the gun owner was not threaten or had any few for their life? If this case was present to court, a defense attorney could easily chew this up a lot of different ways

17. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    Bruce M is right. Sorry.

18. 10-32

10-32 Here, hold this

Dec 16, 2005
    Under the radar
    I'm not understanding how the guy without the gun was charged. Wasn't it his house?
    Last I checked, I can wreck anything I like in my house.

Maybe because he was being aggressive toward the couple? :dunno:

19. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Nov 18, 2003
    Houston
    Reasonable doubt is not that easy to create. I defeat attempts to create it on a regular basis when I have reasonable evidence. And credible testimony IS evidence.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  20. derekt28

derekt28

May 23, 2006
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Never take the media's reporting of an incident to heart, especially in Madison, where the reporters are mostly left wing anti-gun idiots. According to the police report, while the police were interviewing Brandon, Farhan fled the scene of the crime, where a weapon was produced, hence a pursuit ensued, and the police went after Farhan. I read some of the responses, and some view Madison Police, and other officials for that matter anti-gun, I live here and have done so my entire life, and there are good police officers, and then some officers that have an authoritarian complex, but from what I've read, the police did the proper thing in making a stop with their guns drawn (reread the bold, italicized words above). More details are in the police's incident report, lacking in the media's accounts. Farhan pointed a loaded weapon at Brandon after Brandon interrupted Farhan and Brandon's ex-girlfriend in bed together, and in my opinion, and the police for that matter Farhan was far from being threatened in a life and death situation. In summary, they were boinking each other, and maybe from the noises Brandon walked in on them. After looking at the photos, about the only good Madison media has going for them, all I can say is eww.

oh, the actual police incident report is:
    http://www.cityofmadison.com/incidentReports/incidentDetail.cfm?id=13416

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012