close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Man who tried to murder me sentenced yesterday

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Sparkster, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Sparkster

Sparkster HeroHolstersLLC

Oct 14, 2010
    Central Ohio
    Some of you expressed an interest to be updated as this case progressed so I thought I would stop in and let you know that Shane Roush was sentenced to 25 years in exchange for a guilty plea yesterday. He still faces two federal charges with each carrying 10 to life.

10TV Columbus: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/08/22/mount-gilead-deputy-shooting-man-sentenced.html
    Mansfield NEws Journal: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...y-shooting?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage
    Old article from around the time of the shooting: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2010/12/13/deputy-determined-to-overcome-wounds.html

2. Wow..prayers for your continued healing!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Here's to hoping he serves them consecutively!

4. Gunshine

Gunshine

Jan 3, 2011
    Florida
    What a story. And what a guy. Your strength and courage is an example to us all.

5. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Jun 6, 2008
    Just read your story for the first time, amazing presence of mind to make that shot. If ever in that position, I hope to do as well. Glad this scum got some time in prison, may they be miserable ones.
    Prayers are with you

6. Really. 25 years the shooting seems like a gift...:steamed:

7. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    So, after being hit 4.5 times by RIFLE fire, you won the gun fight with a pistol, one handed, from a distance of 50 yards??

You sir, are a BAD ASS. I hope your recovery progresses and you return to your life as it was, or better.

You are a true street warrior. :patriot:

Hope him and his scumbag wife enjoy prison.

8. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    Godspeed, my brother, Godspeed.

If there is anything we can do for you here, please let us know.

A hat-tip to you for your courageous ability to forgive the worthless sack of protoplasm.

9. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    What he said!

10. merlynusn

merlynusn

Nov 16, 2007
    NC
    At least he won't be eligible for early release.

Prayers for your continued healing.

11. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    You took 4 rifle rounds and were able to return accurate fire and disable the BG? You, SIR, are a BAD AZZ WARRIOR!! You had the will to win.

Thank you for your service and you'll be in my prayers for a painless and speedy recovery.

I hope the bg never gets out of jail.

12. blownhemi

blownhemi

Oct 2, 2006
    Australia
    I hope your recovery goes well.

Goes to show though that the fight isn't over when the first person gets hit, you need keep fighting until the threat is over.

13. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Well to be honest I hope he catches a shank in the liver on his first day of prison, but the judges in my area are known for "hug a thug" light sentencing, even in serious cases.

And to the OP, you are a fighter, good luck with your recovery.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  14. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Well, he probably did it strong-handed. And without a hat, so it shouldn't count. :cool:

My respects to you, Sparkster. I hope your story is being used as an exemplar for our new cops.

15. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Thank God for you sir, and Him for giving you strength to finish the battle.

Although it would not have bothered me for the bg to be killed as a result of his foolishness, it is good that he will see prison for a long time to come.

Should you believe it, you sir I believe can achieve it with God's help; whether going back to law enforcement, going on to work in Christian ministry, perhaps you could do both. We need more people of your calibre in both areas of work.

Heal well sir, and God bless you and yours regardless of which path you follow later after your healing.

16. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Arkansas

DITTO!! You are a true HERO!!!

17. If there's karma, that sounds about right, after he gets gang-raped in the shower...

Hat's off to you Sparkster for staying in the fight and prevailing!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  18. bruzer

bruzer

Apr 18, 2011
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Wow. I am at a loss for words. Prayer sent.
    Mike

19. This.....Keep the faith, Brother....Prayers for a FULL recovery.....

20. Hedo1

Hedo1

Oct 1, 2007
    SE Pennsylvania
    Amazing story. Well done.