Man robbed with own handgun in Minneapolis mugging

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TBO, May 30, 2012.

1. 4TS&W

I'm just gonna go with hand grenade, and let the robber know that if he continues, you are both gonna die... :rofl:

(hand grenade would have prevented this..) :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Yes it was concealed - reread the first paragraph! :faint: Sounds like pocket carry piece?:whistling:

3. RussP

What words in that first paragraph stated he was carrying concealed? It says, "Police say...his assailant took the victim's gun –- which he had a conceal and carry permit for..." Where do you get "pocket carry piece" out of that?
  4. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

when you take into account the number of guns in the country, and how many people carry them every day, things like this are almost as common as lightning strikes.
  5. I grew up eight blocks from where this happened and it's a pretty crappy neighborhood. Not the worst in a city formerly known as Murderapolis but bad enough. I don't see how the guy was that situationally unaware, if you live there you should really know when something isn't right.
  6. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator.

Deal. He screwed up.
  7. Could happen to anyone, where did the guy come from? Was he hiding?
    Thank God the perp didn't kill him.

When carrying you need to try and be aware of anyone in your area.
    #47 cluznar, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  8. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator.

At the very least, read Jeff Cooper's, "Principles of Self Defense" (it's pretty short, and it doesn't take long, but there is some good stuff in there).
    #48 series1811, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  9. The gun was not in a holster... thats smart. I would assume he likely had it tucked in his pants or front pocket?
  10. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Nothin wrong with pocket carry, easy bro.
  11. Nothing wrong with pocket carry bro.... If you put it in a proper holster, otherwise your a moron.
  12. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

Agreed. Nothing is 100% preventable but we can take extra steps to preventing as much as we can by being prepared physically and mentally.
  13. Love the Brady bunch rep saying, "most people obviously don't carry for a reason".

That reason being most people such as her self are sheep.

A couple red flags about the victim. 1. He's been carrying for about a year and claims he's already had to pull to warn others in situations but hadn't had to use it. Was this report from Compton CA? 2. Doesn't use a holster.

Sure I know in this PC world we aren't to judge but something about the victim makes me think he's not playing with a full deck.

#53 Aeroscoper, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  14. TDC20

^^^ I agree. I think the lesson we can all take away from this is...Sheet happens...don't let it happen to you!
  15. I think those are very good points.
    #55 ithaca_deerslayer, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

A gun does not solve problems, any more than a wrench can fix your car.

A gun is a tool you can use to solve problems, just like a wrench can be used to fix your car.

If you do not know how to handle problems, whether violent crime or a broken-down car, no tool will help.
    #56 Bren, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012