Man opens fire on 3 pit bulls at public park

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by brausso, May 22, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #41 bowbender7, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  2. Did anyone notice that the shooter had a CCW badge? :whistling:

3. Poor dogs, their owner is a dumbass.

Very true.

4. If you listen to some folks on here, they are a kind, innocent animal that gets bad press.

Me, I think there is good reason why they get bad press and anyone that thinks the animal is beneficial to society has an IQ of a rock.

5. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Half the dogs I've whacked have been pits.

6. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

"At no time whatsoever was his life in danger," LaValley said.

Are you kidding me? Really? Both the dog and owner had been bitten. This guy is a moron. Clip his reproductive organs off. He shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Good shoot.

You are supposed to keep your animals under control. The shooter should have had shot all three of them. They attack once, they will attack someone else again.

7. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

:rofl:

Yeah, I guess at least one person actually bought one...

8. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

I have found pit bulls to be excellent food for the Eagles that roost near my gravel pit. They are very pleasant dogs after a .357 round to the head, and don't put up much of a struggle against the Eagles. My 15 year old shepherd was mauled by a loose pit bull in my driveway. But only once. Huge vet bill. Pit bull was wearing a spiked collar. HHHMMMM????
    I have noticed some commonality in pit owners. Insert your own observations (here)

9. Pit bull is a blanket term for media outlets the same way they use the word AK47 for any rifle, and Glock for any pistol.
    Good on him for shooting the dogs, and they shouldn't have been off leash, especially considering they seemed to be vicious but I wonder how many of these attacks are done by APBTs, Staffies, whatever and what how many are done by unidentifiable mutts that people go, "Eh it's a pitbull".

10. I have two mixed dogs that have pit in them . They dont go running around wild and are not the killers half yall think. The mentality towards these dogs is the same the antis have towards guns. Its the owners fault not the dogs.

11. Dude. You go saying stuff like that, they're going to stampede.:supergrin:

12. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Yeah, dogs can't go around killing people without owners.

13. I agree. IMHO, pit bulls are like radical terrorists... the only good ones are dead ones.

14. that poor dog he was trying to turn his life around probably just graduated from puppy school and everything hahaha.

I would say that is a good shoot for sure. yea im not a fan of pit bulls heard waaaaaaaaay to many stories about them. It is a 50/50 relationship between the breed and the owner though so its not alllll the dogs fault

15. What pointing out logic. My dogs have never attacked anyone. And my guns have never loaded them selfs up and went out killed anyone. People can say what they want, just think its dumb that people want to blame the dogs not the owner.

16. jpzaf

jpzaf Confused?

The amount of ignorance on the subject of dogs amazes me. Guess next time we read about an assault rifle or a glock involved in a crime there'll be discussions about how evil they are. Or perhaps they should be banned because only criminals and lowlifes have them.:upeyes:

17. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

When Glocks can think for themselves like a dog can, then yes, I will blame the Glock.

18. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Apples and oranges.

Guns are inanimate objects that require someone to operate their mechanics.

Dogs are animals with a mind and instincts of their own and capable of acting on their own regardless of their owners' control or lack thereof.

19. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

Pit Bulls are not aggressive dogs. Just read the article in the OP for anecdotal evidence.

Now excuse me for a moment while I go put a chain on my Glock and drive a spike into the ground to restrain it from shooting.

20. Bingo.

However logic like this does not compute with people that make this flawed argument time and time again.

The problem I find with this breed is that most people that own them probably wouldn't be fit to train a toy poodle but they just "need" to get a pit so they can feel tough.

Dogs, especially aggressive breeds, require constant discipline, a good diet and lots of excercise to keep them in line.