Making the Choice: Gi Selection

Discussion in 'The Martial Arts Forum' started by ViperDriver, Jul 27, 2005.

1. I'm looking for a high quality gi for BJJ. Use will be mostly training, but some competition. My current gi (a cheap, locally purchased one) is falling apart and needs a replacement. It seems like there are a million different companies offering "the best BJJ gi on the market" and all in the $100-$200 ballpark. Anyone with experience, good, bad or otherwise, that could lend some advice?

Thanks,

ViperDriver

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. gr81disp

gr81disp Bushbot v1.0

Atama or Krugans. I would almost suggest Keiko Raca but their sizes are never right and they shrink bad.

3. get a howard combat kimono, i like the single, but the double makes it harder for your opponent to choke you.:cool:

4. shamster

shamster 1911 Shooter
    Millennium Member

I use the Mkimono (www.mkimonos.com) single weave and have had no complaints. Very high quality construction. A lot of guys in my class use the Atamas and Mizuno gis too, and they also seem to hold up pretty well.

5. Roundeyesamurai

Roundeyesamurai Sensei Member

6. Roundeyesamurai

The above post was only is jest, folks.

;z

BTW- This thing censors "g-ddamn"??? Well... g0ddamn... whodathunkit? ;f

7. I second the vote for Atama gis. I own two of the gold-weave jiu-jitsu gis (one white, one blue) and have been very pleased with them. They hold up like a double-weave but are very cool for hot weather training (I live in Hawaii, so this is very important to me). They are having a sale right now, especially on their judo gis, which are ridiculously cheap.

Temet nosce,
    Fedaykin

8. G33

G33 Frisky!
    Millennium Member CLM

Penalty flag on Round One.

Just kidding.;f ;z

9. Roundeyesamurai

WOOHOO! I am officially "The One"! ;+

(Well, OK, "The Round One", but I'll take what I can get!)