close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

**Make sure your eyes are on tight**

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GTstarbai, Feb 3, 2013.

1. GTstarbai

GTstarbai

Jan 16, 2013
    South FL
    or else a piece of hot brass will land in between your face/eyes and the glasses. :faint:

Got a bad burn on my face yesterday :crying:from shooting my g23

2. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Eye and hearing protection can't be stressed enough,it is a Must. SJ 40

3. scattershot

scattershot

Nov 15, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Had that happen to me once, it's no joke. That hot brass burned a nice little blister on my eyelid before I could get my glasses off, and that wasn't long, believe me!!

4. emtjr928

emtjr928

Jan 26, 2012
    McDonough, Ga.
    +1

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    Is it just me, or have others noticed that hot brass from a .22 seems hotter than larger calibers? Seems like it to me.

I have picked up spent casings that have fallen on the bench (indoor range) from my 9's and my .45 -- .38 too -- that don't seem as hot or uncomfortable to handle as those darn 22's when they bounce back. Those suckers hurt! :wow:

6. roger123

roger123

Feb 23, 2012
    VA Beach, VA
    +2, after getting a nice burn from where a round landed on the rim of my glasses I've started wearing a hat!

7. GlockN

GlockN

Apr 15, 2011
    limp-wrist with spaghetti arms.

8. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    A long time ago, I had a bizarre ricochet that bounced off the side of the wall back at me and it hit my eye lid, I was using regular prescription glasses......ouch

:50cal:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  9. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    I hate getting pelted by the brass from the guy to the left of me. I always try to get the first lane on the left.

10. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    So, your first one Eh? :supergrin:

It's even better when you are in competition and are looking for a great time on a course... You learn to clear em quickly as possible...

I have had a couple two to four (who counts after the first?) and they definitely hurt!

Get Ice on em ASAP - tougher to do in the Winter as no one carries Ice Chests in the winter time... :rofl:

Baseball Cap and a pair of Wiley X's with the "Eye Environment" insert has reduced the chances greatly for me!

Hope it heals quickly!

Patrick

11. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    And this is why I like stuff happening to other people, so I can learn from it and not have it happen to me. :tongueout:

I always wear muffs, shooting glasses that rest directly on my eye brows to make little or no gap between the glasses and my eyes, and also a hat with a nice brim. Had brass bounce off the top of my head, but I don't think I'll ever have brass get stuck somewhere. :supergrin:

12. TKM

TKM Shiny Member Lifetime Member

I saw a Korean gentleman drop a hot 50AE case right between his eyes.

He did the unhappy dance for about two seconds, sweeping everybody with a rental Desert Eagle, before disappearing under a pile of RSOs.

13. danielcut

danielcut

Dec 8, 2012
    Had that happen to me wearing regular sunglasses. Proper shooting glasses for me now, always.

14. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    Wear form-fitting glasses so that there's no gap large enough for a piece of brass to fall into or rest on, and wear a baseball cap.

15. astroboy

astroboy JDM Aficionado

Nov 23, 2011
    LA/IE SoCal
    As soon as a brass goes in between your glasses and your face, you
    immediately turn ninja and start doing different karate moves,LOL!

16. E the B

E the B

Mar 21, 2011
  17. Photoman642

Photoman642

Jul 22, 2010
    Funny you should mention that! I just had that happen last week at the range. First time it has ever happened...

Edit to add: This happened shooting a P220 so it doesn't just happen with Glocks.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013