**Make sure your eyes are on tight**

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GTstarbai, Feb 3, 2013.

1. or else a piece of hot brass will land in between your face/eyes and the glasses. :faint:

Got a bad burn on my face yesterday :crying:from shooting my g23

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Eye and hearing protection can't be stressed enough,it is a Must. SJ 40

3. Had that happen to me once, it's no joke. That hot brass burned a nice little blister on my eyelid before I could get my glasses off, and that wasn't long, believe me!!

4. that's why I also wear a hat with a brim.

5. +1

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!!
    Platinum Member

Is it just me, or have others noticed that hot brass from a .22 seems hotter than larger calibers? Seems like it to me.

I have picked up spent casings that have fallen on the bench (indoor range) from my 9's and my .45 -- .38 too -- that don't seem as hot or uncomfortable to handle as those darn 22's when they bounce back. Those suckers hurt! :wow:

7. +2, after getting a nice burn from where a round landed on the rim of my glasses I've started wearing a hat!

8. limp-wrist with spaghetti arms.

9. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

A long time ago, I had a bizarre ricochet that bounced off the side of the wall back at me and it hit my eye lid, I was using regular prescription glasses......ouch

:50cal:

#10 TSAX, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  10. I hate getting pelted by the brass from the guy to the left of me. I always try to get the first lane on the left.

11. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

So, your first one Eh? :supergrin:

It's even better when you are in competition and are looking for a great time on a course... You learn to clear em quickly as possible...

I have had a couple two to four (who counts after the first?) and they definitely hurt!

Get Ice on em ASAP - tougher to do in the Winter as no one carries Ice Chests in the winter time... :rofl:

Baseball Cap and a pair of Wiley X's with the "Eye Environment" insert has reduced the chances greatly for me!

Hope it heals quickly!

Patrick

12. And this is why I like stuff happening to other people, so I can learn from it and not have it happen to me. :tongueout:

I always wear muffs, shooting glasses that rest directly on my eye brows to make little or no gap between the glasses and my eyes, and also a hat with a nice brim. Had brass bounce off the top of my head, but I don't think I'll ever have brass get stuck somewhere. :supergrin:

13. TKM

TKM Shiny Member
    Lifetime Member

I saw a Korean gentleman drop a hot 50AE case right between his eyes.

He did the unhappy dance for about two seconds, sweeping everybody with a rental Desert Eagle, before disappearing under a pile of RSOs.

14. Had that happen to me wearing regular sunglasses. Proper shooting glasses for me now, always.

15. Wear form-fitting glasses so that there's no gap large enough for a piece of brass to fall into or rest on, and wear a baseball cap.

16. astroboy

astroboy JDM Aficionado

As soon as a brass goes in between your glasses and your face, you
    immediately turn ninja and start doing different karate moves,LOL!

17. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

Been there done that OUCH!

18. More Glock Perfection. What a joke!

19. Funny you should mention that! I just had that happen last week at the range. First time it has ever happened...

Edit to add: This happened shooting a P220 so it doesn't just happen with Glocks.

#20 Photoman642, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013