close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Magpul not shipping anymore mags"

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by B_RAD, Dec 18, 2012.

1. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
    A worker at Cabelas told me this about an hour ago.

I've also heard that other retailers are "pulling" rifles from shelves.

Midway USA website says "Discontinued by Manufacturer"

Oh boy..... Let the price hikes begin....

By the way I know I'm :deadhorse: here.

Just wondering why Magpul has stopped shiping?

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Hmmm interesting. Maybe stopped shipping due to not having any to ship? Not sure but I find it hard to think they are not making any more.

3. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    We went through this back when B.O. was elected the first time around. Then after last week, man people are jumping in with both feet. I can only hope it make the firearm community stronger.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The guy at Cabelas was full of it. Direct statement from Magpul earlier today...

"We've received a lot of comments about some retailers charging extremely high prices for our products. We strongly discourage pricing strategies like this with our direct customers, as we just don't feel right about it. Those retailers who are buying through distribution, and not direct, may be worried about supply and reacting to the market with this pricing increase. We are firm believers in free capitalism, and as long as no one is damaging market value through their pricing strategy, we will allow the market to correct this situation, as it appears it already is. We intend to continue to produce and sell our products to support the MSRPs we have set. Magazines will continue to flow to those retailers, distributors, and OEM customers with whom we have direct relationships."

5. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Sure go ahead and kill a thread that could got 100s of replies and pissed off a bunch of people with your truth and facts...:rofl:

6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Don't worry, someone will be along shortly to say they didn't sat that. Never mind the fact that it was on their facebook page and shared by a Magpul employee. :whistling:

7. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Well I heard that Winchester, Federal and Remington were going to load their 5.56 and .223 ammo so it had a max range of 23 feet. :whistling:

8. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
    :rofl:

9. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
    Thanks for posting this. Good to know that MP isn't taking advantage of this tragedy!

Though, it's is interesting that MW USA's website says MFR discontiued.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  10. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
    :wow: Are you serious!?

Kidding. Funny!

11. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    I am serious but cause I am that kinda of guy I will trade you 500 rounds of the good old ammo I have for 1000 rounds of that crappy new ammo you can buy + say $500 in a swap.

PM me.... :supergrin:

12. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
  13. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Thanks for posting this

:50cal:

14. TeeJay37

TeeJay37

Jun 4, 2012
    Thunder Ranch reported on their Facebook page that CTD just upped their PMag price to 65 bucks a piece, though I haven't verified. Sheesh, why must they take advantage of people like this?

15. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

Jul 30, 2011
    I read that the only ammo we will be able to buy will be rubber bullets in 5 round magazines. They will be serial numbered, and we will need a permit to buy them. We are also going to have to show why we need a rubber bullet as opposed to a bible for self defense.

16. Do NOT freak out. I was advised by a dealer that Magpul is redesigning the AR-15 30 round magazines. This is why they are being "discontinued". The new design should be showing up in gun shops soon. The reason given for the redesign was a problem with use in the FN SCAR. Apparently the FN SCAR was destroying the Magpul magazines when used properly in the rifle. WHY?? I asked. The dealer did not know, but he said the shape of the new magazines will be more square at the bottom.

17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida

They're called M3 PMAGs, and they have been out for a few weeks already. The shape of the cutout for the bolt catch was changed to work better with the SCAR, and the shape of the main body was tweaked a bit to work in the HK416 magazine well, plus a few other changes.

Biggest down side was that the dust covers no longer snap to the bottom. The M2 is being renamed the "MOE PMAG" and will continue to ship for the ~$12.50 price point, but will no longer come with dust covers once current stocks are exhausted.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  18. I just took a look around. Cheaper than dirt seems to be the only well known online gun store right now with such outrageous prices on bulk ammo and certain mags. I liked to buy gun stuff from them, but not anymore. I'll buy my crap somewhere else in future.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  19. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    I was in my local Cabela's today. They had only a few Pmags in stock, at the normal price of about $15 a piece. They usually have buttloads, probably a hundred or more Pmags on the rack. Don't know if people are buying them up or supply is behind. Probably a little of both.

Ironically, big chain retailers have some of the best prices on ammo and mags right now. A lot of internet retailers are price gouging badly.