close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Magpul MOE Hand Gaurd Question

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by copo9560, Nov 23, 2012.

1. copo9560

copo9560

Feb 21, 2012
    Does the MOE handgaurd sit lower on top than the GI round versions? I can't slide my Eotech 512 forward with current handgaurd - it hits. I don't want to raise the 512 - it co-witnesses perfectly with iron sights now.

If Magpul won't work any other suggestions? Not wanting to go to a 4 rail system - trying to keep things simple.

2. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    It sits about the same height as the upper receiver rail.
    If you have the M4 carbine handguards, look for a pair or the regular carbine handguards, they sit lower and the EOTech will clear them.

3. Toby196

Toby196 Fetching a rug.

The MOE works great with the EOTech 512 (I currently have that exact set up). The MOE actually has "grooves" that allow an optic to extend over the rear portion of the handguard. Hopefully the pics I just took show it clearly enough-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Not all Magpul handguards have those grooves, at least the carbine length don't (that's what I have). In fact, this is the first time I've seen that.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The Mid-length definitely has those grooves. While the technical drawing on the Magpul website shows them on the carbine, none of the photos do. I haven't seen a set of carbine MOE handguards in person lately, so I'm not sure if they include the cuts now.

6. Toby196

Toby196 Fetching a rug.

Interesting. Mine are Mid-length, and I figured the other sizes would have the same design. Thanks for the correction. :)

7. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    My carbine length don't but my mid length do.

8. They don't. I wish they did. I just got one last week.

9. copo9560

copo9560

Feb 21, 2012
    Guess this rules out the MOE - will have to look for a smaller carbine section - appears I now have the M4 versions.