close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Magpul CTR Stock

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by sr975j, Mar 16, 2012.

1. sr975j

sr975j

May 2, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    so as some of you know, i am putting together my first AR (right now by the way, it has been pretty quick and painless). i got to the very end and i put the CTR stock on and it is very rough, rough as in it doesnt slide very well. are they all kind of "sticky" or do i need to oil it or will it get smoother with time? the buffer tube is mil-spec and i assume the stock is also considering it came in the same kit....right? this is the kit i used http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/build-kits/moe-lower-build-kit.html

edit* im an idiot. i have the MOE Carbine stock....but still the same problem.

Sam

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  2. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    The CTR and MOE stocks are tight, as are the LMT SOPMOD stock and the VLTOR Modstock and Imod stock.

3. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Might want to take a flashlight, and look inside the stock to make sure there are no burs or plastic debris leftover inside there causing it to rub. if you have a pair of calipers handy, you might want to check to make sure your buffer tube is in spec, and make sure you didn't get a commercial buffer tube by accident.

4. sr975j

sr975j

May 2, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    thanks for the suggestions but it is a mil spec tube...the commercial tubes have a slight angle to them on the rear correct? mine is flat.

Sam

5. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Mine is a little tight too but it doesn't bother me at all.

6. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Mine's actually kind of loose, until I use the clamp. It slides quite easily otherwise.

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Use come clp or what ever oil you have to clean the preservative off the buffer tube.

8. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Not all commercial tubes are angled. Measure it and make sure.