close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Magpul Breaks Bad, Continues Sales to LEOs in Ban States

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Travclem, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...breaks-bad-continues-sales-to-ban-state-leos/

:whistling:

Edit

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Mar 20, 2003
    Land of the toothless!
    Interesting points raised by the author.

I have to ask one obvious question. Why all the posturing about Colorado's gun ban but willing do business in New York? Seems pretty hypocritical to me!

3. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    I just saw that article really late last night. I don't really know what to say. I agree their stance on CO laws and doing this contradicts themselves.

4. bilkay

bilkay

Aug 30, 2011
    This is not cool at all. Total BS from Magpul. Guess it's really all about the revenue stream.

Boycott Magpul? Is their biggest revenue stream LE or civilian?

5. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Yep stand an support the 2nd 100% or bend over! Bad move on there part!:upeyes:

6. I'm going to refrain from any judgement till this story is independantly sourced. Why? Check out the story from Walls of the City below.

http://www.wallsofthecity.net/2012/10/the-truth-about-the-truth-about-guns-and-robert-farago.html

An exerpt:

7. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Feb 19, 2010
    Third Rock From the Sun
    If this is true.. magpul is on my boycott list.

8. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Mar 20, 2003
    Land of the toothless!
    You can safely pass judgement. This story is legitimate. A Magpul employee posted this on ar15.com...

The answer is yes, our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states. Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, "We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts). It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power. The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause."

So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.

As far as I'm concerned I'll never buy another Magpul product again and I've personally spent over $1000 on Magpul gear but never again. They've spent a lot of time and lobbying against Colorados impending gun ban and now this? All their blustering has been nothing but political hype and I don't think they're concerned with our rights at all.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  9. gunsnhoses

gunsnhoses

Jan 30, 2008
    Magpul is doing the right thing. They are good people. Why make all the citizens of a state suffer because their government is a bunch of *********s. If my state passes stricter gun regulations that I don't agree with then Magpul shouldn't sell to my state?

10. Bradhazz

Bradhazz

Apr 17, 2012
    southwest MI
    Sounds good all of you can boycott them, hell better yet send me all ur evil magpul products since there such a horrible company for selling to leo's. what a joke. Do any of own colts or any other rifles that were only sold to leo's during the last ban or did you boycott them forever also?

11. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Does Magpul have a say on where their sellers move the product?

12. number1gun

number1gun

Dec 3, 2012
    What was expected ? I would say the threat of moving is just posturing also. I can not see any well run money making Busniess in the firearms industry actually looking to move. They may think about it. They may start to explore moving options. Actually doing it is a totaly different matter. Exploring options in case they get regulated out of Busniess in their current location is just good forward thinking. No matter how good the offer is from another State it will still cost money. My bet is no one is moving anywhere unless they are forced to.
    As to not selling to LEO's, On the fence. I understand the idea but doubt it will have any effect on Govt.. thinking. Could be some unintended consequences.

13. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    From what I've seen, MagPul did not specifically say they wouldn't supply LE in ban states.

They then did say, they can't stop who their distributors sell to. Which is basically correct.

If they said 'we won't sell to XXX" and then continued to...well duh, they're contradicting themselves. They have not yet, as far as I can see, done so.

14. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    Are you *****ing kidding?! Why should the LEO's (who use their weapons to defend both themselves and the public) be punished because of some Jack*ss elected official?

15. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Mar 20, 2003
    Land of the toothless!
    It's not a matter of selling to citizens, it's a matter of selling their products to governments that are actively eroding our freedoms! Not only are they still going to sell their products to governments that ban civilian ownership of their products they are going to place their orders as higher priority over civilian sales.

Hypocrisy of the highest order!!!!

16. Redheadhunter21

Redheadhunter21

May 6, 2012
    Miami
    My guess is someone in MagPul is an ex LEO or military and does not want to hurt the LEO's safety. The cops aren't any part of these laws until it comes to enforcing them. We will see how they uphold the laws soon enough unless things change before then.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Mar 20, 2003
    Land of the toothless!
    Magpukes Facebook page is being hammered with angry comments!

18. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Mar 20, 2003
    Land of the toothless!
    And how many police agencies, organizations and unions have been supporting the new wave of gun bans?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  19. You're blaming the rank and file for what the brass did. It's like blaming the friggin PFC for the General screwing up. Most cops I know are against this BS, but their bosses are politicians for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.