close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Magpul Angled Foregrip (AFG)

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by n2wishn, Dec 11, 2009.

1. n2wishn

n2wishn Stamp Collector

I'm trying to get my hands on one of these and I was wondering if one of you gentlemen has had the pleasure of acquiring one. If so what are your thoughts of it after using it.

2. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    i've used it , a buddy of mine got it when it first came out . its a useful aid if you can't remember where your hand goes but i wouldn't use it on my rifle. we shot 150-200 rds between us and didn't notice too much of a difference

3. Hokie

Hokie NRA Member

May 16, 2006
    VA

Timeline, available in mid December
    From
    new product announcement inside!

If it has shipped then it just started and they are working though a lot a backlog most likely.

4. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    darn , sorry it must've been some off brand my buddy had

5. n2wishn

n2wishn Stamp Collector

bravocompany.com had them and when they went available they were sold out almost instantly.

6. thisaway

thisaway Moderator

Jan 11, 2000
    Soddy Daisy, Tenn.
    Looks interesting. I might try one of these out for myself to replace my cheap-ass UTG VFG.

7. n2wishn

n2wishn Stamp Collector

I am hoping they have it in multiple colors because I am currently building a rifle with a FDE color scheme and I don't want to deviate from it.

8. furioso2112

furioso2112

Dec 12, 2007
    ??? Nobody has sold them commercially yet; MagPul offered 1 free to the first 30 posters in a thread on AR15.com last week; those freebies are not yet in the hands of the 30 posters, so far as I know. I bought (reserved) one through ATS (FL) via gunbroker; last I checked, he still had other available for pre-sale, and e-mailed me saying that his latest word from Magpul is that they will ship to dealers this week.

BCM put them on their website, just to prepare the spot so when they get in stock, they will have some place to list them. The post abouve will link you to Magpul's industry site on AR15.com - more info there.

9. Blah!

Blah! Guest

Jul 30, 2002
    Louisiana
    Seems like just another gimmick. A solution to a no existent problem.

10. n2wishn

n2wishn Stamp Collector

Depends on how you use and what you are using it for. Some people like to have their hands far out on the rifle and if you used a VFG far out on the rail it could get caught on something. If you run a light at the 12 oclock position it will put ur thumb right there to activate it. :supergrin:

11. furioso2112

furioso2112

Dec 12, 2007
    I wouldn't call the issue a problem, but the AFG is somethign that fills a need and desire for me. The closest thing I have found to what I want is to use a folding foregrip, folded up against the rail. In this postion, my grip is better than with a vertical grip, but my wrist is still canted oddly; the AFG seems like a great piece of equipment to me. Incidentally, I have longish arms - I am 6'4"; perhaps my height impacts the way I hold the gun; it seems that I always want to get it a little bit higher so that I am not craning my neck too far forward over the gun...might just be personal preference, too. I'm sure there are guys my height and taller who will not like this thing.

12. n2wishn

n2wishn Stamp Collector

Merry Christmas gentlemen. It looks like the AFG is in stock and on sale at Palmetto SA. It only appears to be available in black at this time though.

13. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

Jul 16, 2008
    Boise, ID
    A member of our group was one of those posters and received one, no report on it yet.

14. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I love Magpul, but this product does nothing for me personally. I know people will buy it though...

15. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  16. WRXcelration

WRXcelration

Sep 29, 2008
    DC Metro Area
    Interesting concept. I will be waiting for the reviews before I try.
    It looks like it will be nice on a middy but not too useful on a carbine IMO

17. furioso2112

furioso2112

Dec 12, 2007
    I received mine and installed it yesterday. So far, I like it better than any other fore grip I have used. I haven't shot with it yet, or really moved with it - just around the house, but it gives me a good firm handhold at just the right spot, is light, unobtrusive, and comfortable.

18. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    Just installed it, puts my hand/thumb right where I need it to activate the light. Was using a VFG as a handstop to do the same thing. Thought I'd give the AFG a try.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    Thanks for the pic. I wondered what the extra little section was for and really disliked the prospect of the A2 style bump.