close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Magazine problem with P380

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Samned2003, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Samned2003

Samned2003

Nov 6, 2008
    I just bought a new Kahr p380 last week and the pistol has been great. I had a strange thing happen yesterday, however.
    I was outside getting ready to get in my truck and I pulled a empty magazine from my pocket to put in the pocket on the side of the door. When I pulled it out i applied a small amount of pressure with my thumb to the baseplate of the magazine. With this pressure the floorplate moved forward and almost came off of the magazine. I thought this was strange and pulled the loaded one out of my psitol to examine it. I applied a small amount of pressure to the bottom of the mag and pressed forward with my thumb. When I did this the floorplate slipped forward which in turn released the locking which allowed the magazine spring to come out of the mag, and sending it into orbit.
    I recovered the spring but I have lost the locking plate somewhere in my yard.
    Anyway I understand that I will be source of a lot of laughter about this issue, but it concerns me how easily the bottom of the two magazines come loose and become ballistic. LOL

I have never experienced this on any other magazines of this type as the Walther PPK has the same sort of magazine floorplate locking mechanism.

I did not use anything but my thumb to press down and forward on the magazine and it came loose.

I am gonna call kahr tomorrow and see what they say.

I must have pressed the fool button yesterday, but just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Samned2003

2. Gperfection

Gperfection

Sep 27, 2005
    N.E. Colorado
    Yup, happened today. I don't think it is much of an issue if the mag is loaded though. When it is empty that little button on the floor plate depresses very easy