close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Magazine Capacity

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by G22Dude, Feb 1, 2010.

1. G22Dude

G22Dude

Jan 23, 2009
    I have an Arsenal SGL 21-61. Due to state laws I am limited to 15 round mags by state law. Any way I purchased a bunch of AK steel 10 rounders.

I recently loaded at least two mags with 11 rounds. and I observed that they cycled correctly into the chamber. Is this unusual?

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    Very unusual , to have such strange magazine laws on the books.

J/K, your mags are fine.

:cool:

3. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Anytime you overstuff a magazine you invite problems. There are tolerance variables from mfg. to mfg., components to components. but it's not a good habit. Most likely, the "10s" were modified 5s.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  4. Nicoroshi

Nicoroshi Avid Shooter

Nov 14, 2008
    The liberal playground
    I also suffer from stupid round limiting laws in CA. I have found my best mags are surplus steel mags that I have fixed to only hold 10 rounds (Yep, worse off than you I am afraid).
    I do this by putting a pop rivet in the mag body to stop the follower so it complies with dumb laws.
    Hoping (and fighting) for one day when I can drill that pop rivet out, and load them to the 30 they were designed to hold.
    The Chinese rebuild kits at Copes are $13.99, and they'll ship them as 'rebuild kits' even to my state.
    [​IMG]