close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mag tubes... Do you clean them and with what?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Big_Grumpy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Jul 21, 2009
    WI
    This is an offshoot of the "followers" thread. I thought it was interesting and needed a different topic.

Every few break downs I use a Tornado brush wrapped in a Rem-Oil wipe, and follow that with a clean wool swab to get the soot out. I've never seen any serious deposits in there, so no cleaners, brushes or scrubbing. I also keep the follower clean and lightly oiled by wiping it with Rem-Oil and drying it with a rag.

I'm just trying to keep it slick, clean and dry.

EDIT: And dammit, no matter how many times I edit this post, the effin' innuendo potential is hilarious... :rofl::rofl:

What do you folks do?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010

2. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    I simply run my home made polishing rod through the mag tube every time I clean the weapon. Nothing on it, just dry. I run the tube dry also. Keeping it polished is all it needs to ensure the best feed. the rod is nothing more then a 7/16th hard wood dowel with 000 or 00 steel wool wrapped around it like a large Q-tip then put in my drill.